Chapter 10

Start listening to the song when you see this emoji: 🎶

September the 27th. Ugh. The game was today. Everybody was completely colored in paint and wearing the colors of the school. Everything was so loud. I hated those lacrosse games. I went into class, with a really bad mood. Martha was waiting for me and we went together to Math. She hated this as much I did.
"Why are the people in our school so extremely stupid?" I asked her seriously. She laughed and as if she had read my mind she replied: "Because these obnoxious people wouldn't have anything else in life." When we entered in class I couldn't resist and started laughing. Everyone was dressed up. Wtf. We sat behind Jade and Ella, who both had a red sweatshirt and red lipstick on, to fit the colors of our school. Jade turned around: "Are you coming to the game?" Martha and I laughed. As if. Jade shrugged her shoulders and turned away. When our teacher came in she exclaimed she wanted to announce something before starting with the lesson. "In case anybody thought about not going to the game, I'm here to tell you it's not an option."
Perfect timing, thank you very much. I looked frustrated at Martha, who was very annoyed too. In the break, we went out on the schoolyard to get some fresh air and saw an enormous crowd in the middle. All the students were surrounding the lacrosse team. I could see Liam in the center being embarrassed by all the attention they gave him. He was the captain of the team, what did he expect? He saw me and tried coming in my direction but the crowd was blocking him. I turned to Martha: "Well at least we don't have school the rest of the day"
"At least..."

After the bell rang everybody started to move to the exit. The tradition was that the school would walk to the field together. After 10 freaking minutes of walking we arrived at the stadium where the game was gonna take place and sat down. We found some really nice places in the middle where the view was spectacular. It was a shame I didn't care at all. The two lacrosse teams entered the field and positioned themselves. When the game began, I got stunned by all the screaming. I didn't know a single thing about Lacrosse so I couldn't tell what was going on, but one thing was for sure. This game was violent as fuck. What the hell, I mean was all the pushing and kicking really necessary? They were all into the game and concentrated.

🎶

Suddenly at about half time, a guy from the other team kicked Jason in the knee. Jason fell on the ground screaming. Liam ran up to him and quickly bent over to see if he was ok. But then he ran up to the guy and started screaming. I had never seen him this mad. Three people of his team tried holding him but they didn't succeed until a fourth person came. The guy from the other team was already running to the other side of the field like a coward. They tried calming Liam down but he was really mad. I quickly went down the stairs with everyone shouting behind me: "Where are you going?" until I reached the bench where the team was trying to convince Liam to turn it down a notch. I started shouting his name and after seeing him he ran up to me.
"You need to relax Liam please you are scaring everyone. You are scaring me..." His face changed completely and he stopped shaking.
"I can't just let it go, Jason is going to the hospital because of him...he may not play lacrosse ever again." I looked him in the eye.
"Liam you are better than this please, don't ruin everything. I know you are mad, you have every right to be, just please don't do anything stupid you'll regret." He slowly nodded and then went up to the team who were staring at him like they had seen a ghost. Like everybody else when I turned around. While I was going back to my place, everyone was staring at me and whispering. Wow, people really didn't have a life. When I went back Martha and Jade started asking me thousands of questions: "Why do you know Liam Brunt? What did you tell him?" I could see the people around us bending over and trying to hear an answer. I answered with a quick: "He's just a friend" and ignored all the other questions. The game went on and we were 1 to 1. 5 min were left and nobody scored. I looked down my phone but after 2 min people started screaming. I quickly looked up and saw how Liam stood in front of the goal, staring at the ball inside of it and the whole team running up to him like a herd of buffalo and started hugging him and lifting him from the ground. Everyone around me stood up cheering and jumping. Unexpectedly Liam quickly freed himself from the team and went out of the field, running like an idiot up the stairs. What was he trying to do? Wait, was he coming in my direct...I couldn't finish that thought, that Liam was already in front of me staring into my eyes. He was all sweaty and smiling like a little child.
"What the hell do you think you are d...?" He put his hands around my face and kissed me before I could finish the sentence. My heart stopped. Suddenly all the screaming wasn't there anymore. My head was spinning, my body shaking. All I felt was Liam's lips on mine. I had kissed boys before but this was different. He slowly moved back and released the kiss. He then caressed my face and gently whispered: "You are my lucky charm".
I couldn't feel my legs anymore. He quickly ran back to the team and I just stood there with my mouth open with literally everyone staring at me. I slowly sat down and started into the air. Jade, Ella and Martha were apparently very shocked too since they didn't say a word. He run back to the team and after a minute the guys started cheering again, enthusiastic about their win. After the game, we went all back to school and while I was with my friends I saw Liam in a corner looking at his phone. I ran up to him.
"What the hell?" I shouted.
He started laughing. "You are cute when you are mad." Oh god, what was happening?
"You can't just kiss me in front of everyone! What were you trying to do?"
He looked down, but I could tell he was still smiling. "I'm sorry I guess I just got caught up in the moment." Oh yeah right. Now everyone thought we were together. I don't belong to anyone. I didn't need that. But I did want Liam in my life... ugh no I hated this confusion.
"I don't do boyfriends. " He shrugged his shoulders.
"How about you go at least out with me?" I wanted to say yes, but I didn't know if it was a good idea. "Yeah I don't do dates either"
"Just one" He raised his hand and made a puppy face that was impossible to say no to...Fuck
"Fine...but you have to stop it with this attitude you have going on here." He smiled and I quickly turned around and went away. What just happened?

After I went home I received a text from Dean:

Rick has been asking about you... Are you coming tonight?

Of course I was going to go.

Yes, of course. Pick me up at 9?

Ok.

I had always had some boundaries. But tonight, I was gonna cross the line.

Hey :),
Let me know what you think about the story so far. And don't forget to vote, comment and read the next chapter!