Chapter 8

Start listening to the song when you see this emoji: 🎶

I slowly started waking up. I turned left and saw how Liam was sleeping like a little baby with a half-smile on his face. I stared at him for some time until he grumbled: "What are you staring at" and I quickly turned away. My cheeks became red and I responded rapidly: "I wasn't staring." Jesus, why couldn't I properly lie anymore? I stood up and went to the bathroom, washed my face and then went back to Liam's room, but he wasn't there anymore. I went downstairs looking for him and found him in the kitchen making coffee.

"With what do you drink your coffee with?"
"Nothing, thanks." I sat down and looked at him noticing how funny his concentrated face expression was while pouring the coffee in the mug. He passed me the mug and sat down.
I loved his house, it was so bright, the sun was shining through the windows and went directly on my face. It was pretty quiet outside you could barely hear a car.
"Thank you for letting me stay here." Liam had been weirdly really generous, especially after everything that happened last night. "I don't get why you are so kind to me. I appreciate it but I just don't get why."
Liam stared at me and then mumbled: "I don't know...I guess I just don't buy it."
"What?"
"This whole act you have going on." What wa he trying to say? What could you answer to something like that? He then added: "You know I just think that you are much more than you are showing." I felt attacked. I didn't want anybody to enter into my mind trying to figure me out.
"You don't what you are talking about." I hissed.
"I'm talking about the fact that you are trying to be somebody you are not."

"Oh right and who am I?" He stopped for a second and then affirmed: "Good. You are a good person. I can tell." What? I wasn't a good person. I was everything but a good person.
"Are you one of those hippie-dippie people, who believe in some shitty Yoga mantra that says that at the core we are all good?" I laughed. He shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't need a shitty mantra to see that you are not a Bitch, although you are trying to make everyone believe otherwise."

"Ok, that's it. No more soul searching shit. Can you drive me home?" I didn't want to stay any longer with him. I didn't like the fact that he tried to understand me. Everyone just stopped in front of appearances and the wall I had created but I guess he didn't care about my boundaries and I wasn't ready to let anyone in, especial because I didn't know what there was beyond those boundaries myself.

He nodded and stood up. "Go change we'll go in 5 min. I have to go to Jason anyway". I looked at him confused.
"Jason is the blond guy I always hang out with. He's my best friend." I shrugged my shoulders and run up putting my clothes on from last night. When I went down he was already holding the door open. We went into his car and drove to my house. I guess I could have just got out of the car once we arrived but I did want to at least offer him to come up to be polite. He surprisingly said yes. He was probably curious about where I lived. I let him in and offered him some food.

"Can I see your room? It's only fair since you have seen mine." I spurted and brought him upstairs. My room was such a mess. I was working on a big painting, it was supposed to be almost as big as a wall. So I put plastic sheets on the ground to prevent anything from getting colored. There were big buckets of paint lying around.
"My parents are away the whole weekend so I decided I would take advantage of that and work on a little project of mine I had postponed a lot." He looked at the canvas lying on the wall. It was pretty dark I know. It was a violet screaming face with a black background.

🎶

I quickly warned him: "Hey, no judgment here, you wanted to see my room." He raised his hands laughing and then exclaimed: "I like it, I just think it could use some colors." I shrugged my shoulders.
"Oh right because you know yourself around art so well," I stated ironically.
"Joke all you want but I really think that yellow would suit this painting."
"Oh, you mean this one?" I sipped my finger in yellow paint and quickly stained the tip of his nose with it. He looked at me shocked. I couldn't stop laughing his expression was hilarious.
"Oh you didn't"
"Oh, I think I just did" I laughed even harder. He got closer to the green paint and sipped his whole hand in it. I made a step back. He came closer and closer. I tried running away but he had trapped me in a corner of the room and colored half of my face with green paint.

"You are soo dead!" I shouted. I sipped my hand too in the pink paint that was standing near by and tried painting his face too but some of it ended on his shirt. He looked at the big pink stain on his white shirt and then looked me in the eye: "Now there is no coming back." He ran to the yellow bucket and took the brush and after a firm shake of the hand I suddenly had a yellow line on my red dress. I started laughing like an idiot and took a brush too running in his direction and coloring his shirt with blue. We were running though my room with different brushes with our clothes completely dirty as well as our faces and arms. You couldn't recognize what our clothes originally looked like, I was
laughing so much, my stomach hurt.

Maybe... I looked at him while he was concentrated scrutinizing his shirt. I couldn't tell what it was but I had a weird feeling looking at him. The same one I had when I saw him in class. Did I have a crush? Oh god. Me? I looked down. This wasn't good. Normally I would have gone for it but with him... I didn't know exactly what to do. He probably didn't even like me. Wow was I hearing myself? When was the last time I had such childish thoughts? 2. grade? I looked up and saw how he was staring at me. He came closer and my heart stopped. But then the moment was quickly over. He laughed and said: "I can't imagine what Jonas will say."

I put away that weird thought and turned to the painting. Without noticing we had painted the whole canvas with all the colors. You could barely recognize what the original painting looked like. It had become like one of those Pollock paintings.
"Well you were right it does look better with some colors." I admitted. He smiled satisfied and then said: "I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow at school." I smiled trying to hide the fact that I wasn't so happy about him leaving. We went downstairs and after he left I closed the door and leaned my back to the door and slowly sat down. Boy was that a weird moment. I quickly went up and changed, took a shower and the rest of the day I cleaned my room. I didn't need all the plastic coverages anymore, I was done with the painting.
I guess I thought it had become perfect.

Hey :),
Let me know what you think about the story so far. And don't forget to vote, comment and read the next chapter!