Chapter 12

I started walking towards my house. I needed to clear my mind. Last night was weird. What happened between me and Dean? Did it mean anything? I needed some space to think. I looked down on my phone.

(3) missed calls from Dean

He was probably pissed about the fact that I left without saying anything. But that's how I dealt with things. By running away. He did it too very often so I didn't get why he suddenly got so clingy. I didn't want to go to school tomorrow either. I needed some time for myself, besides I hated that place.

I asked my parents if they were at home. They had planned to go away for a few days, like almost every time. When I arrived home, nobody was there so I made myself a glass of wine and then went to sleep. I woke up at 9 p.m. and decided it was time I went out. I walked to the city center and went into a bar and ordered a vodka cola.

A woman sat next to me. She was probably a hooker but I wasn't sure.
"Hey, sweaty are you all alone?" I nodded. I normally was more careful with strangers but I was extremely bored and she seemed interesting.
"I'm Trixie." Yep, definitely a hooker....
"I'm Cherrie," I answered smiling. I decided I wanted a hooker name too. Two could play at this game. We started talking when a man called her from the entrance:
"Trixie, are you coming?"She turned in my direction:
"Hey Cherrie, do you want to come with us? We are going to a party uptown." I smiled and nodded.
We stood up and went up to the man. He smiled at me and Trixie introduced us. He must have been 30. We went into his car where another man and a girl were sitting. We started driving screaming and raising our hands while listening to music. We arrived at a house full of people. We went up the stairs in a loft where a few people were dancing and sitting on the couch. I started to learn some names. The guy whose car I had been in was Caleb and the other one Stan. We danced and drank together.

Suddenly Trixie came up to me and started kissing me. I was surprised but I didn't push her away, I was too drunk to even feel anything. She had a pill on her tongue which I accidentally took without realizing it. After a short amount of time, my head started spinning. Fuck. I ran to the bathroom trying to throw up and get that shit out of my body. It was too late. I couldn't properly walk. It was all blurry I couldn't see faces, just some shapes moving.

I fell on the ground. I heard voices but I couldn't understand what they were saying. I stood up again, trying to focus. I had to do something. Everyone was dancing around me. But slowly everything started fading away and I fainted.

I woke up in my underwear on a pile of bodies. Two nights in a row. Wow, Catherine. I stood up, looked for my clothes, but then just simply stole some from the ground and slowly went out of the room. I heard some voices coming from the living room.
"We have sent him proof we have her, he'll give me back my money." It was Caleb. What was he talking about? Where did I end up?
"Are you sure he really cares that much about the girl?"I think that was Stan, but I didn't remember him that well.
"Yes, I'm sure, trust me." I had to get out, this wasn't anything I wanted to be part of. My mobile phone... I had to find it. I started looking around quietly.
"Where is she now?" They were continuing talking. "She is in the bedroom after Trixie drugged her, she fainted and I put her there."

Wait... were they talking about me? What the hell.... I found my mobile phone under the arm of a girl and opened the window. This was going to be tough but I couldn't go away from the main entrance.
"We have to keep her here, until we get for sure what we want... go check on her, she'll probably wake up in a few hours." Idiots. They really thought my tolerance for substances was similar to a girl my age? I had to hurry.

While I heard the doorknob going down I jumped from the window and landed on my side. Auch did that hurt. I stood up and looked up.
Stan was looking out the window and started screaming:" She ran out the window!" I started running like crazy. I saw the guys coming out of the house trying to reach me. I couldn't have run for a very long time. Thank god....a taxi. I ran up to the car trying to reach it. Luckily the driver saw me and I quickly went in and shouted:" Go please." He turned around and saw the guys running behind us. He closed the doors and drove quickly.
"Are you all right miss?"

I sighed. "Yes... I don't know those men they started following me on the street and I didn't know what to do." He smiled kindly. "Where to?" I gave him my home address. Luckily he didn't want any money, probably moved by that little lie I had told him. I got out of the car and took the keys I had hidden behind the house. I never brought them with me in case something like this would happen. Well not exactly like this since I never would have imagined this could ever happen.

I wonder who the guy was they were talking about... who the hell cared about me?

I got inside my house and threw myself on the sofa. I started to notice how hungry I was... I went into the kitchen, made myself some pasta and sat in front of te tv watching Friends. My phone vibrated. Jade had texted me.

Hey, are you sick?

Yes, actually I was but not in the way she would imagine.

Yes, not feeling very well, but I'm coming to school tomorrow.

I really was planning to go to school tomorrow....I needed a break from all this mess.