Chapter 18

Dean wasn't enthusiastic about that call. He was really mad. And he had every right to be. I had just made a stupid move. A very stupid one. But I couldn't think straight. I saw him lying on the bed and all I could think about was him getting beaten up. The images replayed in mind thousands of times and I couldn't get them out. Blood on the floor. Someone kicking him in the face. I wanted to stop thinking about it, which made it only worse.

"Please let them help us." I begged him. Dean could barely speak but I knew what he was thinking. He thought I had gone completely crazy. Maybe I did.

We stayed in the hospital for a few days until the doctor said he could go home.
I called Collin who drove me and Dean at my house. After putting him on my bed, I made the three of us something to eat and Collin went home after that. I led next to Dean looking at him sleeping. He woke up and slowly turned in my direction. He put his hand on my cheek and a tear ran down my face.

"You are the only thing that matters to me, Catherine." he said wiping my tear gently away. I smiled, came closer to him and I kissed him. It was a gentle short kiss, but it just felt so good.

"Please don't scare me again like this, Dean, I'm begging you. I felt like I was dying." He didn't answer and stared at me. We both knew it wasn't going to be the last time.

"What are we going to do now?" He asked worried.
"I'll call my dad. It's too late to back out now." Dean puffed and turned around looking at the ceiling. I slowly stood up and took my phone.

My dad answered right away.
"Catherine, what is it?" I waited a second took a deep breath and then started talking.
"We got in some troubles."
"Who else."
"Dean. Francisco beat him up pretty badly. He was in the hospital. And he sent people to my school trying to scare me."
"Francisco did what?" He was shouting on the phone.

He was really mad. I knew he was going to tell Dean's dad right away and start a whole mess. And we would get involved. I hated getting involved in this clan feuds. It was more about showing where the powers lied then actually caring that a family member got hurt.
"I'll tell Arthur right away. I'll call you later."

We hung up and I went back to Dean telling him about the call. He was on the phone with somebody. I could hear his dad voice form here shouting in the phone. He was really angry.
After some minutes, Dean finally hanged up the phone.

"It's on."