Chapter 11

This was no new situation. My narcissism brought me to do things nobody should even think about.  Putting myself in danger. Bringing to the light hidden parts of my mind, that should have been stayed hidden. Pushing it always to the edge.

The car pulled over. I went out with my coat on and went to Dean's car. I sat down and put my bag in the back of the car.
    "What did you tell your parents?"
    "That I was sleeping at a friend's house. They won't even notice that I'm not going to go to school tomorrow." He had his eyes on the street but then slowly put a hand on my leg and squeezed my inner thigh.
    "You know I wouldn't really let anything happen to you, right?" I nodded. But I didn't know what to think.

He drove until we arrived at the bar. We went out of the car and he put his hand on my side. We entered and saw Rick sitting on the end of the bar, with his cigar and his gold necklace.
    "There she is, my golden girl. I knew I could count on you to bring her back to me." He patted Dean on the back and stared at me smiling. We followed Rick down the stairs. He had an illegal poker game going on every Tuesday night. Since all the most powerful people of the city were there, Rick only wanted the best girls in the city to serve the tables and perform the occasional strip dance. Dean took my coat off leaving me with my v string bodysuit and my shorts. After hanging the coat he went back to me and whispered in my ear: "Don't worry I have everything under control. You just do what you normally do. We'll see about the rest."
He kissed me on the cheek and I went backstage.

I saw Helen putting her makeup on. I ran up to her and said hi. She looked at me worried.
    "I thought you had finally stopped Catherine."
    "You know I never truly did. Besides, now we'll work together again." She rolled her eyes and hugged me. "Come here, you stupid reckless girl." She was older than me. Obviously since technically the girls who worked here were employees of the bar and I was just occasionally here. She had beautiful short red hair and freckles everywhere on her face.

"Are you with your boy Dean?" She asked. I nodded.
    "He is not my boy though. We are just friends."
    She looked at me sarcastically: "I know those kinds of friendships love, that boy is no good for you." I wasn't good for me. I shrugged my shoulders. She put some makeup on me and curled my hair.  The show could start.
We went on the stage and everyone turned around. We started dancing at the pole. One swing. Two swings. I could feel how all the eyes were directed at me. Rick smiling satisfied. I started to do my routine. I felt lighter, better. The two girls on my side were following my steps. After the song ended, the other girls and I went to the tables serving drinks. While going around, men started putting dollars in my shorts.

I saw Dean gambling in the table at the center. I sat on his lap and kissed him. "Hey, sweety." He said. The guys on the table started smiling maliciously.    
    "Where have you been hiding this treasure, boy?"  He smiled and continued playing.
    "You are going to share right?" The man in front of him asked. The moment we were waiting for finally arrived.

    "If the stakes are high enough."Dean exclaimed. Everyone on the table started betting like crazy. After the community cards were dealt, everyone checked except Dean which forced everyone into an uncomfortable decision. All players folded except one, the man sitting in front of Dean, who committed more chips, sure of himself. I looked at Dean who was staring at his cards. He pushed all his chips in the center and smiled. They dropped their cards. The man had a full house. But Dean had the winning hand. A straight flush. I sighed. Thank god. Dean smiled pleased and took the chips lying on the table. Everyone grumbled and hit the table.

"You can go now, Love," Dean said. I nodded and served the tables again until after a few hours Dean went up to me and said we could go. We went up to Rick and he gave me an envelope full of cash.
    "Remeber sweaty there are also other jobs you could do here." I nodded. This man was truly disgusting. He didn't know I was a minor. But still, come on.

Dean took my coat and we went outside back in the car.
    "Now I have enough money to buy the stash from Carlos."

We drove to a neighborhood at the border of the city. Dean went out of the car and met with Carlos at the corner of a building. Carlos gave him a package and Dean the money. He then went back to the car. I knew Dean occasionally dealt drugs but I didn't know exactly which one. I didn't want to know.
We drove to his apartment and went upstairs. He gave me a sweater and then directly went to sleep. 

After I changed I stayed up a little bit and then snuck into his bed.
    "Let's get wasted," I whispered.He was already half asleep. But he slowly stood up and took the vodka bottle out of the shelf. I did lose count of the shots we were having after 6. I didn't remember much about that night. Just that we ended up on his bed making out and that when I woke up, wearing his sweatshirt without anything else.

I slowly moved Dean's arm from my waist and staggered towards the bathroom. After I threw up for 5 min I washed my mouth and went into the kitchen to make coffee. It was 2 p.m. I looked into Dean's room, he was still sleeping. I drank the coffee and put my tracksuit on and went outside closing the door behind me. The memories of last night were slowly fading away, but all the feeling were imprinted in my mind.

Hey :),
Let me know what you think about the story so far. And don't forget to vote, comment if you want to read the next chapter!