Ch16_"Scotty"

"Dear Scotty,...this world is so cold without you. You didn't deserve to die that way, but sadly it happened. Why didn't I cherish your friendship."......

Ronan parke "You are living on" Scotty's song.

Author's perspective.......

It's been two days since Scotty Moore death, Elvis and Diana were currently getting ready for the funeral...

Diana's perspective....

I watched as Elvis struggled to tie his tie, his hands were slightly shaking as he tried to convince concentrate.

Walking up to him, I took hold of his hand and he looked up at me, his eyes are slightly watered.

"I'm sorry" He said.

I shook my head as I did the tie for him. I didn't mind at all doing this, this is the man I fell for...the man who I want to spend my life with, it was my job to keep him stable. He haven't been touring for while, just recording songs. When he did I would here it all over the radio. He didn't even seem happy about it, they replaced Scotty with another guitar player. Elvis was pissed about it, he gave the poor kid a hard time. But I didn't blame him, he just lost his bestfriend.

"It's fine...im here for you Elvis, I love you" I said as I finished it.

He leaned down and kissed me softly, I kissed him back and looked down.

"I love you too darlin' " He said. I smiled and leaned against his chest, so happy that I could be with him now.

Johnny had disappeared that night, maybe he left town or worse hiding out but..i don't care because...i was Elvis and he was mine.

I looked at the time and gasped.

"We are gonna be late Elvis, let's go" I said and grabbed my purse. He grabbed his keys and we walked out to his all black caddy. He didn't wanna ride in the pink one because all his fans knew his car and he didn't want to deal with them right now.

Settling in the car, Elvis started to drive. I could sense his nervousness and fear. I would be scared to, going to my friends Furneal, the people...his or her face lying dead.

"Don't worry baby, everything is gonna be fine Elvis" I said trying to calm him down, I placed my hand on his thigh. He instantly relaxed and placed his hand on top if mine taking deep breaths.

"I don't think I'd be able to hold myself from just...just..being buried with him" He admitted.

I looked down.

"I won't let you...i won't lose you Elvis. I'll be there to hold you.." I whispered.

He heard me because he then lifted my chin and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back but pulled away,

"Watch the road" I said blushing.

He smiled slightly and then we arrived at our destination. There were many people outside of the little church, even fans held poster with Scotty's name on it. People were crying and shouting his name. Elvis put on his black shades and black cap to hide his identity. His bodyguards Apporched us, so did bill. Bill pulled elvis into a big hug, elvis hugged home back.

"It time you see him one more time...before they close the cast" He said.

Elvis nodded and looked at me, I held his hand and nodded. He lightly squeezed my hand as the guards took us through the back door.

As we walked in, it was full with people. But a couple stood out, I guessing there Scotty's parents, and I see a young girl standing beside them holding a little girl in her hand...scotty had a family...and now they have to live without him..because of me.