Recovery

Katsuki Bakugou

(Angst)

(Mention of Sexual Assault)

The past 24 hours had been the worst of my life. Part of me was still confused as to what just happened.

After leaving Izuku at the house, I did what he told me to do and ran to our neighbor and called my mom. I couldn't explain much because I was freaking out. I just told her that Izuku went for snacks like we have done handfuls of times but when he came home, some man was attacking him and Izuku seemed to be in a lot of pain. He looked so scared and like he wasn't thinking right. The image of his face had been burned into my mind.

My parents came home within the next hour and by then, the cops were at my house and Izuku had been taken somewhere. I assumed they took him to his own house. I fell asleep as soon as we went home and my parents let me sleep. They didn't bother me with questions yet. Thank Goddess, because I could barely think about it myself.

In the morning, the questions came. I had just made my way to the kitchen around noon and my parents were sitting there. They looked tired. I could feel the tension radiating off them in thick waves that had me nervously rolling my shoulders.

"Katsuki, we need to talk about what happened the other night. I know it must be painful to think about, but the cops are needing your statements from the attack." My father said softly and pulled out a chair for me. My mother didn't look at anything other than the floor for a while. Her face was contorted with stress.

"Okay -- " I took my seat and pulled my blanket around my body tightly. Images of Izuku's pain-filled face flashing in my mind, making me tense up and shut my eyes. Izuku's pain-filled expressions were burnt behind my eyelids and brought such heavy emotions to my core.

"Take your time, son. We just need to know what happened." I sat there for a good while just focusing on my breathing before I began to recount what happened that night. It was fresh on my mind and only made sense that they needed my statements while the event was still recent in my memory.

I started by telling them what happened before he left the house. I told them that I had been tired so Izuku asked me to stay home while he got snacks for our movie night. Guilt washed over me because I knew that I should not have let him go alone. I made sure to tell my parent that as well. I didn't want Izuku going out alone and I had felt like something bad was going to happen all night.

They didn't interrupt me as I told them about waking up to hearing Izuku shouting. I told them that I saw the man hovering over him and telling the details of seeing that Izuku's pants had been pulled down. My mother tensed up when I said this. I was not stupid. I knew that man was forcing himself on Izuku. I knew that if I had not been there that he would have done far worse to my friend.

I might not have known much about what was going on, but the thought sickened me. I told them how I hit the man, and recounted the words that the Alpha had said to me about 'an alpha trying to mate'. My father and mother gave each other a glance that told me they knew something that I didn't. I wanted to ask but it was likely they weren't going to divulge any information to me.