Understanding

Katsuki Bakugou

"So, are you going to tell me what you're really doing here?" Denki asked me finally after I had been hiding away at his house for the last 4 hours

"So, are you going to tell me what you're really doing here?" Denki asked me finally after I had been hiding away at his house for the last 4 hours. I had originally had come here to have a talk with Denki about the allegations Izuku made before he ran off, but I never did. I had been so conflicted over the damn kiss to really talk about anything, so the Omega just let me come inside and chill.

His parents were rarely home. Both were doctors and worked long shifts, leaving Denki alone most of the time. Denki was a loner for the longest time until he began opening up to me about his home life after that night back in high school when Denki asked me out for coffee. It took time, but he eventually told me about being alone at home -- and how he was lonely all the time.

Of course, I told him he was welcome to come over to my place any time. Our group of friends seemed to always be together anyway, so this was nothing new. But I figured telling him out loud that he was welcome over anytime made him relax some.

Denki latched onto me as I became the one person who he trusted more than anyone. He was a sweet kid growing up, but recently he had become angry that it's been months without finding his mate since he turned 18. His birthday was a good 6 months before mine, and to make things worse, he hasn't had his first heat, meaning he hasn't even laid eyes on his mate yet.

It was eating away at him, and I knew that. I was upset and emotional when I found myself driving to Denki's house after Izuku had run away after our conversation. I was worried about Izuku so I followed his scent to his mother's house, just to make sure he was somewhere safe --and then left for my friend's house.

I planned to confront Denki, but as soon as I saw him, I felt bad for being so angry at him without even knowing the truth. I have been friends with him for years, why should I believe Izuku over him without even getting Denki's side of the story? So, I calmed myself down and just told him I needed some time away from the house, and he obliged and let me inside.

Denki knew something was wrong, I could see it in the way he kept glancing at me with a worried expression. I had been quite, mulling over the events of today in my head while trying to figure out what the hell was happening. Now, Denki and I were sitting on his bed watching a movie and he seemed to be tired of my silence.

"You've been here for hours, are you even going home tonight?" Denki asked and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Why, are you going to kick me out?" I asked with a raised brow, knowing damn well he wouldn't kick me out. He chuckled and shook his head.

"No, of course. You're welcome here anytime, it's the least I can do." Denki sighed and leaned back against his pillows. "But you should tell me what's wrong. You never just show up like this without warning." I never did, he was right about that. I closed my eyes and shook my head.

Denki may be clingy and attached to me, but I knew why. I understood. He was upset about not having his mate and almost being 19 years old. I am the only Alpha around that he had attached to; he took comfort in my presence. It had always been this way since we were 16 and I confessed my intent to make them all pack members one day. I never cared about his clinginess, until now anyway. Izuku's presence in my life was only mucking up my routine and lifestyle more and more.