Conversation

Izuku's POV

"I'm so tired

"I'm so tired. I'm tired of being tired, you know? Everything has been -- really crazy for so long, and I'm finally at a place in my life where I feel that I'm actually living." Katsuki sat across from me in the living room and this reminded me so much of the conversation we had many months ago. "A lot has happened -- to the both of us, and I know that you must have questions. I am prepared to answer anything you want to know. I think you deserve that from me," He did. Katsuki deserved the truth and so did I.

Taking a stabilizing breath, I crossed my ankles and looked at my mate. He sat in a chair, hair slightly mussed from sleep and lack of hair products. His face held no expression -- he just sat there and listened.

"I want to clear the air between us. I don't want to live the rest of my life not really understanding what went wrong here. It hurt -- a lot." I could feel the crease between my brows and Katsuki's lip twitched as if he wanted to speak. But he didn't, so I continued.

"It still hurts sometimes when I think about you. These past few months, they have been the most challenging days of my life. I thought for sure that this time -- this time being away from you -- that maybe it would kill me. But for some reason, I survived and I'm better now."

Katsuki tilted his head to the side only a fraction, but I caught the movement. It was endearing and I could practically see the gears turning in his head and the question forming on his tongue. I quickly explained, knowing what he must be thinking.

"Well, better is a broad statement. I am not sick and in pain every day, so I would say that would qualify as better." I added, still waiting for the Alpha to speak up. He seemed to be waiting for me to continue, face blank and serious as ever. Slightly narrowed eyes and pursed lips reminded me that this was still Katsuki. Even if he was a bit -- different now. 

I swallowed around the lump in my throat and continued. "However, I don't think I can leave things the way they are between us. I think it would be best if we cleared the air and then end this for us both. I want to break our bond, formally, so we can move on and start fresh. I don't want to leave any lingering animosity between us. But," I swallowed and shifted in my seat, waiting for his reaction. "But, I want it done sooner rather than later. I am healthy now and not at risk like -- like last time. I want to end this. Today if possible," I sucked in a deep breath and let my eyes close, prepared for the snap. It never came.

"I think we should talk as well," Katsuki spoke, calm. I opened my eyes, searching his face for answered that I needed but was too shocked to ask. He shifted in his seat as well and frowned a bit in concentration. "Where do you want to begin?" He asked and lifted his head to look me in the eye.

Where did I want to begin? I hadn't planned for this conversation to begin so smoothly and without protest. Katsuki was different, and I wasn't sure if I liked this seemingly new and improved version of the hot-headed brat I watched grow up.