Kitchen Conversations

Izuku Midoriya

"That's all I need

"That's all I need."

His eyes watched me intensely, making me squirm under his pinpoint gaze. I couldn't believe that he was going to do this. I had no idea how I was going to do this.

One month was barely any time, and I knew that I would have to play my cards right. Right now wasn't the time for me to lose control. The fact that he was even humoring me with my request was enough to make me want to cry.

My Omegan instincts were practically purring; I had to focus to make sure I wasn't letting any actual rumbles out. Katsuki is still looking at me curiously so I offered a small smile, showing my gratitude and for a split second, I swore I saw his lip twitch as if he was going to smile back. Before I could see the smile, he wiped his face clear of emotions and got up.

Watching him leave the room, I couldn't even be upset about him just walking away. Inside I was a mess, jumbled up balls of excitement and relief had my stomach in knots and my face plastered with a huge grin.

Going into the kitchen I decided to cook dinner for him, something a little better than the pizza we had been munching on an hour ago. I still felt weak, but for some reason, I didn't feel as crapy anymore. I just felt like I needed some sleep and food.

Rummaging through the drawers I pulled out a crockpot and plugged it up on the counter. While digging through the refrigerator I found the roast that I had been thawing for a few days. I had planned on making a stew some nights ago but that never happened. My mood and health have been shit for so long that I barely had the energy to cook.

Today, although I was tired, I had been in a better mood and my body seemed to hurt less. I could feel our bond strengthening even if it was just the smallest amount. The fact that he was giving me a chance made everything so much better.

This was really backward though.

I chuckled to myself while I thought about how untraditional this was. The fact that I was the Omega chasing my Alpha was almost unnatural. However, I could put away my biological needs for a while and find some way to woo Katsuki before he started to chase me.

I feel myself blush at the thought of Katsuki ever entering that phase of the mating process with me.

The chase; also known as a mating frenzy. Mates entered that stage of the relationship when one or both partners strengthen their bond to the point where they start wanting to mark each other. It had little to do with the sex part, more so the need to claim the other as yours. The chase! I giggled to myself and shook my head. It had been a while since I have laughed; it felt good.

"What are you making?" I let out a squeak of surprise and jumped while spinning around, clutching my chest. Katsuki was leaning back against the counter, arms folded across his chest and the tiniest hint of a smirk on his lip.