Running

Katsuki Bakugou

Izuku had hit Denki

Izuku had hit Denki.

Punched him square in the jaw.

Driving home, I could barely wrap my head around what had happened. My first reaction when it happened was to get him away from Denki because he was my friend. I had no clue why Izuku snapped like that. It was almost like he wasn't himself and he was acting on instinct -- an all too familiar look in his eyes that brought back unwanted memories.

It was only when Kirishima smacked Denki and put him in his place that the situation became clear. Izuku was jealous, I knew this. Hell, I even teased him about it at the lake. I worked him up and flirted with him before going back to ignoring him.

Was this my fault for messing with him? Surely my teasing didn't set him off like that. Izuku had almost cried when I went to check on Denki, screaming at me and saying that Denki had been messing with him for the past few days. I hadn't noticed Denki being rude to Izuku until he called him a tramp and a slut.

When I had dropped off the guys at their houses and it was just Izuku and in left in the car, he seemed to relax some. I wanted to talk to him, but I knew that going back into the house with my parents when we both were upset would only cause problems.

When we arrived home, I shut the car off and activated the child lock on his door so he couldn't get out. His whole body tensed up at the click of the lock and he hung his head. He has been staring at his lap for almost an hour now.

Sighing, I unbuckle and lean back in the seat, running my hand down my face and taking a deep breath.

"What happened back there?" I asked, not bothering to look at him. I could practically feel that he hasn't looked up from his lap. The seconds ticked on and I slammed my hands to the steering wheel in frustration. Why the hell was everything so fuckin' complicated.

Izuku jumped and looked over at me, making me meet his gaze. His eyes were wide as distress pheromones filled the area around us.

"Fuck, just tell me what that was all about. You hit my friend, Midoriya." I growled lowly and watched as anger build behind his eyes. Anger that he was desperately trying to keep bottled up. "I'm not letting you out of the car unless you talk to me," I said seriously and watch his eyes fade back to that blank stare as he looked at his lap again, not saying a word.

"For fuck's sake..." I groaned quietly and looked at him. He is being ridiculous, but he looked upset about something, almost lifeless with his blank expression and sad eyes. "Talk to me," I said a bit louder and when he doesn't answer I reach over and grab his chin stiffly and turn his head towards me.

His eyes widen and he flinches, making a sharp pain fill my chest that I brush off quickly.

Izuku stares at me with those big eyes that are swimming with worry, his cheeks are painted a perfect shade of pink as his gaze lands anywhere other than my face. I can feel the worry, shame, and embarrassment rolling off him in waves, confusing me even more. My body warms at the contact with my mate, even Izuku seems to lean into my grip that's tight on his chin.