Betrayal

Izuku Midoriya

(Angst)

Katsuki kissed me.

I kept running even as he yelled after me, I didn't want to turn back and see the disappointment. I was repulsed with how that simple kiss threw my whole world on its head and shredded every ounce of self-control I had.

I had dreamed of the day when my mate would kiss me, and it was nothing like that. I wasn't expecting it, we had been arguing and I was upset. My mate had practically told me he had been messing around with Denki over the years. He didn't outright say it, but the way his face clouded over when I asked, spoke all the things he wasn't going to.

It had hurt, and then his lips came crashing down on mine, stealing my breath away and forcing my whole body through a system reboot. His hands didn't push me away when I clung to him; Katsuki didn't seem repulsed when I kissed him back.

He pulled me closer and kissed me deeper, keeping up with the way my inexperienced lips brushed over his mouth. A hunger that I had never felt before washed over me as we kissed and I was losing control. I wanted him. Goddammit, I wanted him so badly. How could I have been so reckless? I should have pulled away sooner.

When Katsuki groaned into my mouth, coaxing a small and needy whine from my lungs, I broke free. Things were going too far -- too fast -- and if I didn't stop when I had, who knows what I would have done. The last time I lost control with my mate, I did something I wholeheartedly regretted.

I couldn't afford to lose control with him -- not ever again.

My feet pound along the pavement as I sought out the familiar white house a few blocks away from Katsuki's home. The one place where I could be myself without judgment. Yet, I haven't been there in four years. I hadn't even told my mother about coming back here with Katsuki. I was so used to being on my own that I had forgotten my own mother.

Tears blur my vision as I keep running, burning off the energy and adrenaline that pulsed my veins. My body was on fire, nothing like the terrible heat that would come to me every 6 months, this heat was sizzling and pleasurable along my skin and pooling in my stomach, a constant reminder of the way Katsuki's hands grabbed at my face as he pulled me closer -- kissing me deeper.

A shiver raked through my body as I stumbled along the pavement, barely catching my footing and avoiding faceplanting on the sidewalk. Panting, I dashed at my eyes to clear my vision from tears. I start to recognize where I was as my gaze fell onto the familiar white house and the navy blue door of my childhood home.

My breathing, still ragged, began to even out as I gulped in the air to soothe my burning lungs. I haven't ran like that in forever. Being weakened by the absence of my mate as well as those damn heat-aids, I never got back into my active life. I used to love hiking and swimming, now I couldn't run a few blocks without feeling as if my body would give out on me.