Luck

Izuku Midoriya

(Self Depreciation)

(Self Depreciation)

It was strange -- sleeping in another man's bed.

Especially after spending the past two and a half weeks surrounded by Katsuki's scent. Even if we didn't share a bed while I was with him, we had shared a nest over my five-day heat cycle and I had grown accustomed to waking up with the smell of burnt sugar. What little I did remember of the nights I slept beside the blond Alpha were blissful memories. However, now they seemed to bring shame to me as I woke up tangled in another Alpha's bedsheets.

It wasn't the scent of another Alpha that had woken me up; it was the throbbing in my lower back and hips that pulled me from my dreams. It reminded me of my situation and my mind spoke to me all the things that I should be ashamed of. I wished I could blame sleeping with Katsuki on my heat. I wished I could have brushed it off as an instinct-based need or the fact that my Omegan nature was pushing me to submit, but that would have been a lie.

I slept with Katsuki because I was selfish.

I let him mate me because I knew my plan to leave and I had wanted to give myself to him. Even if he didn't know it, he would have had all of me -- even the parts of me the Alpha never asked for. It was selfish of me and I wanted to regret my actions, but I didn't. I couldn't regret them. I had needed to give myself to him. I had to, so I could move on knowing I had loved him. Even if it was only for a moment. I had loved him and I didn't regret that.

Waking up brought back my reality. I had fallen asleep last night after reading and listening to all Katsuki's messages. It had thrown me deeper into the self-deprecative state that I had been in lately but I knew that I had made the right choice by leaving. Even if it hurt at the time -- and it did hurt so goddamn much leaving him behind.

I felt as if my skin were on fire while listening to my mate's broken voice over the phone. Katsuki was worried but I wouldn't give myself the satisfaction of looking deeper into his concern. The Alpha wasn't my concern anymore and I wasn't his. He did not have to let me ruin his life anymore.

It hurt more than anything to leave him for a second time. His pleas over the phone when asking me 'why I always left him' had gotten to me last night. It had cut me deeper than when I left him four years ago. I did the same thing to him back then when I had run away from our situation. Only this time I took something from him. I didn't accidentally touch him this time. I had sex with Katsuki.

It was mutual.

Consensual.

Nothing like what had happened when I was eighteen. But this time, I took something from him -- I took his first time. I had given him my body. He mated with me willingly and strengthened our bond by doing so. But I had left him behind and that is where my mistakes were born. I just hope that by leaving this time he would move on and forget about me. That's what I would be trying to do as well.