Betrayal

The man's eyes widened as so did everyone's in the room. The female's heel was right in between his eyes as she stared down at him. "I would think twice about my actions before I do them. Just because you're a man doesn't make you stronger nor superior to me."

She stepped away from him going towards the door before stopping, turning one last time to look at the man.

"Also, tell them that they shouldn't leave any evidence behind. I heard their phone call with you and that insolent girl. Next time tell them to send brighter people if they want to destroy me."

With that she exited the room leaving everyone in complete silence before standing up, following her while giving  the man  a look of disgust.

____________

Jungkook had immediately followed after her knowing she was once again ticked off. As he entered her office she surprisingly seemed to be calm while typing into her computer. "Your phone conference will start in about five minutes. Do you need anything?" The female shook her head before grabbing her phone and making the phone call.

The male stood there awkwardly in silence as he knew his presence would most likely be needed, however she had not directed a single word to him. He guessed she had kept her promise. While outside of work she was more friendly towards him, inside the building she put up a stone wall.

He could hear her talking in Italian, perhaps some deals she had been planning on making with the Italian branch of the corporation, he didn't exactly know.
As he analyzed her face he noticed her furrowed brows which always seemed to be that way whether it was because she was concentrated or she was mad. Her eyes seem focused on what she was writing down, while her lips spoke out the words so fluently. Frequently he could see her begin clicking the pen as a form of entertainment when the other line was talking.

After about twenty minutes the call had ended. Making her grab her notes and begin typing them into her laptop with her right hand as her left hand continued writing down annotations of what they had talked about. Finally looking up she closed the folder handing it to her assistant. "Those are some annotations on what the conference was basically about. Take them to the foreign marketing team, but make a copy for yourself since we will see this deal in the future." Jungkook only bowed before exiting leaving Y/N alone.

________________

The man had finally seen the other male exit the office after standing there for thirty minutes. As he finally saw his chance, he entered the room without knocking. "What do you want?" Her piercing voice slightly intimitating him. "You have been standing outside my office for half an hour waiting for him to leave. What do you want Jiwoon?"

"I came to apolog-"

"Save it."

"Wh-"

"You know why."

"I don't understand why you're so caught up in the past. I was a little kid."

"You were a teenager. Perfectly capable of knowing what you were doing, yet you were so easily manipulated at the mention of money."

"You need to understand me. I thought I was doing the best for you."

"Congratulations. You obviously did it. I am more than happy with my life right now its not like I have people wanting to destroy me,  or people using me out of their own convenience. If you are truly sorry, you know what to do, but before that I won't ever consider you apology nor do I want your presence anywhere near me."

The female exited the room wanting to leave the toxic office. As she was making her way towards the coffee room she passed by the foreign marketing section witnessing a scene between a familiar male and the chief of the section.

The woman who was visibly older than the male had her hand placed on her chest while standing close to him. As Y/N was looking at his face she noticed how he was laughing and smiling along, not minding the woman's close proximity. Giving him the benefit of the doubt she stayed and watched the whole entire scene. The female had grabbed Jungkook's hand placing it on her cheek, while she pressed a kiss on his. Waiting to see if he would push her way, she was only dissaponted when he saw it was the female who had parted with a smile on her face.

So he had been that type of guy. He had pretended to be shy, while she grew guilty of teasing him and betraying her professionalism. She had even believed the sweet moments they had been having together, but just like everyone else he was using her. He knew she was the one paying for his college tuition and his father's treatment, which is why it was convenient to have her believe he liked her.

But it was just like her uncle said, who would actually like a monstrosity like her?

She clutched her fist walking away back into her office. Tears had made their way into her eyes as she slammed the door shut.

Was she sad? No.

She had learned to not trust anybody.

However what she did feel was anger.

The man had thought he was sly enough to mock her right under her nose. She grabbed the phone on her desk calling the woman she had seen just a few minutes ago. "Tell Mr.Jeon to report to my office." Without even letting her speak a word the CEO hung up, waiting for his presence, wiping away any tears that had threaten to fall of her eyes.

The male walked through the doors staring at her with a concerned look. "You called?" The female only stared at him with her hands intertwined together supporting them above her desk. "You're leaving, pack your bags."

Jungkook had grown confused. Was she kicking him out? For what? "Why?"

"You wanted to visit your dad once in a while didn't you? It was part of the deal."

He had forgotten about it, but he didn't want to leave just yet. It felt like it was the soon.

"I'll visit next month. I still have to help you h-"

"Its an order, as your boss. You're leaving tonight. As you are packing your bags I will book your flight. Take a break. You deserve it. " Jungkook only nodded not really knowing what to do. It would only be a week, he would be back soon. So without any further argument he bowed before excusing himself out of the office to prepare his bags.

Once she was left alone a tear escaped ad she grew frustrated with herself. Was it perhaps only her mind torturing her? Was he actually by her side or was he just playing around and using? Either way he deserved someone better.

With hesitation she grabbed the device on her table dialing a number before pressing it against her ear.

"Hello this is Korean Air how may I help you?"

"I will like to book a flight to London for tonight."

"Of course. First class as usual?"

"Yes."

"Would this be a one way flight or a departure with a return?"

After a few moments of silence she spoke up...

"A one way flight."