The battle for Trost Part two

ARMIN

In the year 850, the Colossal Titan again appeared and decimated yet another barrier between them and us. Once more, mankind retreated in panic before the advancement of its greatest foe as brave soul after brave soul perished, eaten alive. Eren fell prey to their hunger as I had watched helplessly from the side-lines, paralysed by fear after he had saved me from that exact fate. Telling Mikasa that he had fallen to the titans had torn my heart apart, somewhere inside my broken soul I had hoped that she would put me out of my misery in anger at being unable to save Eren but instead she had fallen into herself. Using battle fury to distract from her own grief she had launched herself into the battle not caring if she lived or died, unwilling to accept her dying too I had followed her and ended up on this rooftop witnessing the impossible.

Falling from the sky, Mikasa had collided with the earth and was left to the mercy of the Titans only to be saved by one. A miraculous and impossible thing. A Titan that kills other Titans. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't just witnessed it myself, and now I couldn't stop thinking about him or the hope that flickered in my chest. A Titan killing another Titan.

I was pulled from my awe by Mikasa and Connie dragging me along the edge of the roof with the intent to carry me with them to HQ. I couldn't let that happen, if they carried me, they would use too much gas and then we all would die. I wouldn't let anyone else die for me.

"Titans are everywhere" I cried out as I ripped my arms from their grips and planted my feet "You can't jump and carry me on your back".

Mikasa gave me a stern look and grabbed hold of me again, this time dragging with more force.

"Come on, let's move" Connie encouraged, ignoring my outburst. Didn't they understand? This was the only thing I could give back, the only way I could help them. Connie grabbed my other arm and helped Mikasa to haul me to the edge.

"Please. Don't do this" I begged, "It's not going to work". 

Why weren't they listening to me?

"Enough people have died on my account" I sobbed as the roar of the Titan slayer drew my attention and Connie reached down to lift me onto his back. 

What were the odds of us finding him now, so close to annihilation as we were? What if we were meant to find him, what if we were meant to see?

"No! Hold on!" I protested as I pulled my arms free again and took three steps back. "I've got an idea!". 

I had to be out of mind, but if this works, then it would change everything.

"What is it then?" Connie demanded.

"Only you two are capable of pulling this off, so it's really your choice" I explained as I took a deep breath and pointed to the dark-haired abnormal "This may sound crazy, but I think he might be useful"

The more I thought about this, the surer I was of him. We were meant to use him.

"Whoa, you mean the titan?" Connie asked, incredulously.

"He only attacks his own kind. He seems to have no interest in us. What if we can somehow steer him to HQ and let him loose on the other Titans? We know he's taken at least one out already. We can use him as a weapon" I tried to reason as Mikasa stared at me intently but had yet to weigh in with her opinion.

"You've got to be kidding. How the hell do you think we are supposed to steer that thing?" Connie borderline screeched, I had to word this right.

"Well, something tells me he's fighting on instinct. I'm, almost sure if you take down the pair he's tangling with now, he will go look for others. That will lead him straight to HQ. We're not steering him so much as luring him. I think it will work. I really do" I appealed, he was our only chance; I felt it in my bones, he was the one to get us out of this.