Promises

AURORA

"I'm sorry captain I don't know how I -" Eren broke off in a gasp, his face turned white as a sheet and turning around slowly, I saw Eld, Oluo, Petra, Gunther, and Rian surrounding us with their blades drawn, eyes wide in terror.

Oh, fuck.

"The situation is complicated, now calm down." Levi dictated, but from the looks on all their faces, that wasn't happening anytime soon.

"Eren! What the hell do you think you're doing?" Eld raged, taking the lead for the opposition Eren now faced and meeting my brother's eyes, I felt my temper rise at the stupidity of the entire situation.

"Who are you pointing those at?" I demanded from Rian as I jumped back to the grass and drew my own blades. Rian faltered and hesitantly took a step back at the look of fury on my face. Just when I thought we were getting somewhere; he pulls this shit. 

Rian, don't do this.

"No one gave you permission to transform!" Eld screeched, and I took a step towards him to draw his attention to me instead of Eren and faltering in his stance, Eld lifted his blade to me without realising to whom he was threatening.

"You gonna run me through Eld?" I asked, hands gripping my blades tightly "Worse have tried and look how that turned out for them."

"Aurora" Eren whined from behind me, his anxiety clearly rising at the dire situation we were in.

"Don't worry, they won't touch you" I reassured him, never once taking my eyes of the scouts surrounding us "Not while I'm here."

"Bold of you to presume you can take us all on" Oluo snarked, overconfident in himself. Any average person wouldn't stand a chance against them all but I wasn't an ordinary person, I had been trained by Rowan Sparhawke to eradicate my enemies mercilessly, I was trained not just in Titan slaying but in killing men too, and judging by the looks in Eld's and Petra's eyes they knew it too.

"Go on, underestimate me, that will be fun." I dared; my eyes wild with anger as they darted between them all and after assessing each of my opponents, I found my way back to Rian who was watching me with wide, alarmed eyes, his blades shaking in indecision.

Come on, Rian. You know what's right here.

"What the hell has gotten into you Eren!" Eld screamed as he took a determined step forward, eyes darting between Levi and me, the tension so thick now that a knife would have trouble cutting it.

"Leave it, the questions can come later. First, you need to persuade us that you're not hostile like your life depends on it." Gunther growled as he circled tactically around the rear, I couldn't get to him quickly if he chose to engage, my only hope lied in Levi who was closer, but would he attack his own team to save Eren?

"Take another step closer, and it won't be him being hostile you need to worry about" I threatened, trying to turn their focus to me again and failing miserably.

"So much as twitch an arm and I will lob your head clean off. This is the first and only warning you will receive; I can end you in a heartbeat do you understand?" Oluo stormed as he shook his blades in a flurry. Push comes to shove; he would be the easiest to take out, Petra next then Eld and Gunther. My eyes skirted over Rian again as I refuse to take him into account in my assault plan. 

"And this is my last warning, back the fuck off!" I snarled as my temper finally reached its breaking point, sweat rolling down my neck as my body itched to act.

"Captain I need you to back away, your standing too close!" Petra begged as she looked to Levi with wide, fearful eyes.

"Right now, you're the ones that need to step away. Do it" Levi barked at his subordinate but Petra did not listen and took another step forward, her face full of disbelief.