United we Stand, Divide we Fall.

EREN

Sweat ran down my back as I heaved the last of the saddles onto its stand before picking up a broom and sweeping the stable floor. Who knew that the scouts, the sword of Humanity, would be so messy? I must have been cleaning this sty for hours and hadn't even made a dent on the dirt, not that I was complaining.

It wasn't the most dignifying job, but at least it got me out of my cell in the basement and in the somewhat fresh air, even if I did have to be guarded. One perk was that I got to see the comings and goings of all the soldiers that were slowly arriving from Trost after securing the city. I had even seen Aurora stomping her way to the command tower, hair as wild as it had been when we were kids and Rian not ten minutes later dragging his long legs, with a sleepy expression on his angular face heading in the same direction. 

In fact, all morning, Section Commanders and officers had been coming backwards and forwards from the command tower, which must mean that the plans for the expedition were finally being distributed.

Finally, some action!

Smiling to myself, I continued on with my sweeping when the sound of footsteps drew my attention. Moving into the courtyard, a large group of cadets milled into the square as they looked around them in apprehension and happiness soared through my veins as I recognised many of the faces from the 104th class, even more so when I spotted Armin and Mikasa trailing at the back of the pack.

"I don't believe it!" I whispered before rushing to the front of the stables to where my jailor was seated.

"Oluo, may I be excused to talk to my friends for a minute," I asked as sweetly as I could manage with my best 'I'm not a threat' look.

"Fine just don't take too long." Oluo relented as he squinted off into the distance, no doubt looking for his shift swap which was Aurora and not waiting for him to change his mind, I tossed my broom into the stables and ran towards my friends.

"Hey, Mikasa! Armin!" I called out excitedly and turning at the mention of their names, Armin and Mikasa's faces both broke out into broad smiles before they ran towards me.

"Man, am I glad to see you guys," I said relieved to finally have them by my side again. It would be nice to be around people who either A didn't want to kill me or B didn't think I was a monster.

Rian and Aurora will be happy to see them too.

"Have they mistreated you or subjected you to any cruel experiments?!" Mikasa cried in anguish as she dove forward and clasped my hands with hers.

"No, not at all," I reassured as I gently pried my hands from her. What had she thought was happening here?

"That pipsqueak took things way too far." Mikasa snarled darkly, "I will make him pay for it one day."

Yeah, Aurora may have something to say about that.

"If you mean Captain Levi then Aurora sort handled that already, in more ways than one." I tried to hint out as my face flushed with heat. Armin's eyebrows shot into his hairline as his mouth dropped open in shock, Mikasa, on the other hand, remained as expressionless as usual. It's weird how much she reminded me of the Captain she so wanted to pummel.

Please don't make me spell it out.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Mikasa asked, and I groaned, she really had missed my hint.

"I saw them er well..." I trailed off awkwardly before I sighed and made a kissing gesture with my lips and gasping in horror Mikasa clasped her hand over her mouth before she collected herself.