A wolf Amongst the Sheep

RIAN

The streets of Stohess were utterly deserted, just as we had planned for them to be and my agitation was slowly building second by second as Aurora, Eren, Mikasa and I waited for Armin to lure our target to the underground passage not far from here.

That is if we get that far.

The plan had been picked over with a fine comb by not just Commander Erwin, but Miche, Levi, Hange,  Aurora and I and as such all foreseeable obstacles had been discussed, foreseeable being the choice word. We were to lure Annie Leonhart to the underground passage and attempt to capture and contain her underground and If that should fail then it was either up to Eren to take her on or for the Scouts to herd her into Hange's waiting trap, anything outside of those parameters, and we were in unplanned territory, and since Miche's squad wasn't accompanying us on this mission, I seriously had my reservations.

Commander Erwin had insisted that Miche, Nanaba and Gelgar along with a small number of scouts remain with the 104th recruits that we had not cleared of involvement with the Titan spies because at the end of the day, Titan or not, Annie could not have pulled off what she did on the 57th expedition without information, information she got from the scouts. Someone in our regiment gave her that information, unwittingly or not, and until we could figure out the motives behind the information swap then they were all suspects and couldn't be trusted.

Of course, I understood the reasoning behind leaving Miche in charge of the 104th cadets, he was one of the best soldiers at Commander Erwin's disposal but as we had gone to make our way to the capital and Aurora and I had said our goodbyes to him, Nanaba and Gelgar I couldn't shake the feeling that something terrible was about to unfold, a feeling I had kept to myself after seeing the hopeful look on my sister's face as she had said she would see them again soon.

She still believes we will prevail, even after what happened in the forest, she still has hope.

For all our sakes, I hope Aurora was right because if not, well I don't want to think about if not. Taking in a deep breath, I readjusted my hood to cover my noticeable hair and looked around the empty streets again before growling in frustration at the lack of movement.

Where the hell was Armin?

"How long does it take to wrangle one girl, Titan or not?" I complained as I shuffled back and forth on the balls of my feet, struggling with the inaction. 

"Because you're an expert on the subject." Aurora scoffed as she tilted her head up to look at me from under her hood, eyes alight with amusement at her jab regarding my skills with women and Eren and Mikasa both turned to look at us, small smiles tugging at their lips, breaking the nervous expressions they both shared.

"You know your glib attitude does you no credit." I drawled, and Aurora scoffed again before opening her mouth to no doubt say something witty when Mikasa shoved her and pointed down the street.

"Shut up, they are coming." Mikasa hissed, and we all turned to look at Armin approaching with his scout hood pulled up and Annie by his side, her eyes darting around taking everything in.

Doesn't miss a thing this one.

"Are we set to go because we don't have much time" I emphasised as soon as Armin and Annie were in earshot, "They will figure out sooner rather than later that we've used a decoy?"

"Yeah, this is Annie. She was in the 104th with us, she's agreed to help us get Eren out of Stohess." Armin said softly as he gestured to the Wolf in sheep's clothing behind him, and I had to force myself not to flinch as I looked in her cold dead eyes.