The Mummer's Trial- Part Two

(The amazing commission art work is by Midoryka Art who is also the talented artist of the Webtoon Jingle Witch which I really recommend as a read. I'm just so happy that they brought my babies to life. )

AURORA

"I was there, that's how!" I snarled as I bared my teeth at the smug bastard and a deep sense of satisfaction burned inside me as Nile's face paled in shock. I was going to tell them all, no more hiding, they wanted to see a monster, well I will give them one.

"I killed two of those murdering child trafficking bastards, and I would do it again in a heartbeat" I spat "Eren saved Mikasa from a fate worse than death and then, Mikasa saved me when I was hurt and threatened with rape. But you don't care about their intentions do you commander? Did you seriously think two nine years could kill five grown slavers? So since you have no idea what happened, would you like me to tell you, sir, because it's seared right here in my brain" I tapped the side of my temple without taking my eyes away from the Commander.

"Who are you soldier?" Premier Zackly asked, breaking through my rage. The room was deathly silent and I could feel everyone's eyes on me.

"Aurora Alexandra Sparhawke sir, of the scout regiment, the southern division under section commander Miche Zacharius" I declared and saluted proudly as I scanned the room. The wall priest who had argued a moment ago stared at me with horror, and I suddenly felt the centre of this man's attention was a terrible place to be.

"Ah yes, the battle Angel of Trost" Zackley mused, and I couldn't keep the frown from my face, I hated that title "I've been reading reports on your deeds this morning. I appreciate you coming forward with this testimony but how do you explain why your name wasn't on this report, Solider Sparhawke". 

Shit, I hadn't thought that far ahead, why wasn't I mentioned in the reports?

"Because my grandfather and I took her from the scene before MPs turned up sir, she was over 15, and we feared that she would be sent beyond the wall for defending herself and the children." Rian's deep voice echoed around the chamber and I turned to look at him in utter bewilderment as Rian looked me in the eyes, his face a picture of reluctance.

He doesn't want anyone to know what I have done.

"And who are you, son?" Zackley asked, though why he needed to ask that was a waste of time, he only had to look at mine and Rian's faces to know we were related. 

"Rian Tristan Sparhawke sir, of the scout regiment southern division, also under section commander Miche Zacharius." Rian saluted before gesturing to me with his head "She is my twin sister, sir."

"And miss Sparhawke what is your connection to Eren Yaeger?" Zackley asked as he looked between Eren and me. 

"We were raised together, sir. My parents were killed by cutthroats, and the Yaeger's helped my grandfather raise us" I explained as I looked back to Eren and gave him a gentle smile "Eren is for all intents and purposes, my brother sir"

A stray tear fell from my eye as I watched Eren stare at me with absolute love and if I ever had any doubt at all to whether he was still the Eren I knew, I didn't then. My hand moved of its own accord as I reached out to him, hoping he would see I felt the same. 

Now and always.

"Maybe she is one, look at her eyes! They aren't natural!" the merchant shouted as he pointed an accusing finger at me, and the whole room turned into an uproar as Eren's face turned from one of love to one of terror as I became the focus of the angry mob.

I don't understand...

"I bet she's not human either." Another merchant shouted as he jabbed his fat finger at Mikasa "Freaks all of them!".