Faith

( For anyone interested, here is the link to the music I was listening to when I was thinking of the characters for this story. while listening Aurora came to mind, I guess this is my theme song for her)

AURORA 

I awoke to the soft morning light shining through the window, lighting up the empty dorm and sitting up and stretching, I mused as to the time since Nifa and Petra were already gone. Dressing and wrapping my hair in its usual crown braid I pondered on the events of yesterday as my face flushed in embarrassment.

I had come to the decision that even though I meant what I had said about Levi harming Eren, I was no longer going to fight against him. After all, he was right, had Levi not done what he did the outcome would have been much different. At least this way, Eren was safe, and Levi knew where my lines were drawn in regards to what I would allow when it came to my family. Whether we would clash again over this topic would remain to be seen, but for now, a truce had been drawn.

And a hell of a truce it was. 

After having Eren walk in on Levi and me in a most unsuitable position for an audience, I had fled to the stables to hide in shame to find the place in an absolute state. Swearing on every second breath I had cursed Oluo as I had set about organising the area when I had heard footsteps approaching and peering over my shoulder, I had been greeted by Eren who was shuffling his foot back and forth with his hands in his pockets, eyes not meeting mine. 

"I'm sorry." he had mumbled, and I couldn't help but laugh. Finally meeting my eyes; he glared at me as a deep flush had spread across his embarrassed face and I tried not to smile as the awkward way in which he held himself.

"No, I'm sorry. You shouldn't have seen that and I imagine you have some questions" I had smiled softly and Eren had relaxed, his hand reaching out to hold mine.

"Are you and the Captain a couple?" he had asked with a serious face that had reminded me so much of Rian then I couldn't help the smile that had graced my face. He had been trying to do the protective brother routine which had been unbelievably touching and slightly adorable. 

"I honestly don't know the answer to that, I just know that I care about and that I think he feels the same. I didn't say anything about him because this wasn't something I had planned or even thought about happening, We were thrown into each other's path and in between all the chaos and fighting, we found each other without realising we were ever looking. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we're figuring out what this all means and I can't give you a solid answer" I had answered truthfully and nodding in satisfaction with my answer, Eren had released my hand and set about helping with the stables before the evening meal, which had been awkward.

Between Levi glaring at Eren, Eld talking about Eren as if he wasn't there and Hange and her team arriving a week early I had succumbed to weariness and left Eren to the mercy of Hange in exchange for my bed. So all in all, an eventful day.

Finishing tying up my hair, a firm knock on the door drew my attention, and I went to see who it was. Opening the door, I was met with burning grey eyes that were always at the back of my mind as they took in every inch of my face like they hadn't seen it years. 

"Captain?" I said perplexed as to what he was doing here knocking at my door first thing in the morning and snaking his arm around my waist, he pulled me closer and placed his lips on mine in a surprising kiss. Melting into the him, I wrapped my arms around Levi's neck and opened my mouth to allow his tongue to flick against mine before he broke away to trail kisses down my throat leisurely.

I could get used to this. 

"What were you planning to do tomorrow with your free time?" he whispered into my ear as his hands pushed under my shirt to rest on my lower back.