We Rise Only To Fall Part One

RIAN

"GUNTHER!" Eren screamed as I watched Gunther's body hang lifeless from the trees, his life's blood pouring from his throat.

What the hell just happened?!

"Move it, Eren!" Aurora shouted as she grabbed Eren by his collar and dragged him through the air away from Gunther's dead body.

"Where just leaving him?" Eren dissented, his eyes wide with terror as he looked back over his shoulder at our fallen comrade and pushing forward, I choked down my fear, forcing myself to keep pace with the group as the trees rustled, alerting us to our attackers' presence once again as they prepared to strike.

"Who is that?" Oluo demanded as he flipped around in time for our attacker to reveal themselves briefly before disappearing again in the trees out of sight but the brief glimpse they had given us was enough for us to see that they had garbed themselves in our uniform, proving Eld's earlier theory about a Titan spy being in the regiment.

Betrayed by one of our own...

"Keep him away from Eren?" Eld commanded and Aurora who still held on to Eren's collar, moved Eren into the centre of the unit to protect him from all sides as we flew past where the horses were tethered.

What !? We need the damn horses!

"Eld what the hell are we doing?!" I shouted in alarm because without the horses we were as good as dead once we made it out into the open country, we couldn't outrun Titans on foot no matter how hard we tried. That is if we made it that far, because I seriously doubt we will be out of these godforsaken woods before our attacker has engaged us. 

"There isn't time to get to the horses, make for the rendezvous at full speed" Eld ordered, leaving no room for argument, "Aurora, Rian flank Eren! Petra, Oluo shore up the rear!"

Doing as commanded, Aurora released her grip on Eren and followed me to position ourselves on Eren's left and right, ready to defend him when again our attacker burst from the trees but for what ever reason they pulled back completely, allowing us to gain distance. Why would they give us distance?

Oh shit, could that be...

"Is that the female Titan or did she have an accomplice?" Oluo fretted, and I began to panic as the likelihood of it being her grew and grew the more I thought about it.

"Whoever it is they are gonna pay even if it's the last thing I do!" Petra swore venomously only to baulk when a bright light burst from the trees and heat rushed towards us, just like when Eren transformed. My insides pulled painfully and I didn't have long to wait for my theory to prove correct, because the Female Titan, freshly transformed broke free from the trees and set after us with a hell bound speed.

"I hate being right." Oluo lamented as I struggled to push down the overpowering sense of my ability kicking in from the sudden Titan appearance.

Why couldn't I sense her before, why cant I sense Eren?

"No time to lose, move it!" Eld ordered as he grabbed Aurora, who was clearly struggling with her sense too, by her raincoat and dragged her forward.

"She's coming for us!" Petra shouted as the Female Titan quickly closed the gap, and I forced my body to move despite being crippled with fear.

"Damn you not again! I'll kill you! I swear, I will!" Eren screamed in anger as he brought his hand up to his mouth to bite, dooming us all.

"Eren don't!" I warned, knowing full well that if he transformed now, he would kill us all at worst and not have control of himself at best, either way, we would be royally fucked.