002

c h a p t e r   t w o:  a   s u d d e n   r e a l i z a t i o n

c h a p t e r t w o: a s u d d e n
r e a l i z a t i o n

✧˚₊‧༉ J I N A ༉‧₊˚✧

With the amount of time I had spent indoors, I finally decided to go out for a change and get some fresh air; even if it was 7pm. Of course, the few extra days inside were mandatory, trying to sort out the mess that was my life, but I knew more than anything that I needed to go out and try again.

'And if I didn't do it, my sister would do it for me.'

Walking through the busy streets of Seoul, I could spot my favourite cafe at the end of the street. Pushing open the large wooden doors, I was welcomed by sounds of the bells that were hung up behind the doors and the heartwarming smell of coffee and fresh baked pastries.

Since it was still late in the evening, not many people were around, but it almost never mattered to me, since no matter what time of day, I was able to see my favourite person in the entire world.

There she stood behind the counter, checking inventory before closing time had approached her. Once the bell rang, she had looked up and acknowledged my approaching presence with a bright smile.

"Jaein! There's my beautiful bestie!"

The 'bestie' in question rolled her eyes as she picked up a cup, heading towards the coffee machine. "The usual?"

Nodding my head, I began to eye the pastries that were on display like a child in a candy store. "Did you make them fresh right now?"

Naeun followed my gaze and nodded, as she took a plate and gestured for me to choose one. Feeling a tad bit selfish, I chose two. Jaein placed my latte with a plate stacked with a freshly baked cinnamon roll and chocolate roll cake on the counter, as I took a seat and began to eat.

"You're lucky you're my best friend and I own this cafe. Otherwise, you wouldn't be getting free food or coffee."

I let out a laugh, blowing on my coffee to cool it down before taking a sip, letting the caffeine slowly wake my system up. "Don't worry. When I'm a big shot producer, I'll write your cafe a jingle that everyone will be singing"

The thought of that alone broke us out into laughter, Jaein wiping away the fake tears from her eyes before looking back. "So how's the search going? Any luck so far?"