023

c h a p t e r  t w e n t y t h r e e  :  r e s i g n a t i o n

c h a p t e r t w e n t y t h r e e :
r e s i g n a t i o n

After months of saving, with special help from all the royalties you were receiving from Aurora, you had finally been able to rent your own apartment near the entertainment. The interior was very spacious and will all the space you had, you were finally able to decorate your apartment the way you've always wanted.

The day to move in had finally arrived as you began to move all the things from your sisters house to your new home with the help of Hongjoong and his friends. Finally, after placing the last box done, the nine of you began to unpack everything.

Though you started early in the morning, with all the stuff you had brought, you all were finished just as the sun was setting. To thank them for their help, you decided to order as much food as you possibly could; you owe it to the boys.

Once the food had arrived, you thanked the deliverer as you held all the food in your hands, calling out to the others. Setting the food in your now furnished living room, you brought our a couple of cases of beer, handing a can to each person.

Raising your hand for a toast, you smiled at each of the boys that sat in front of you, your eyes lingering a tad bit longer on Hongjoong. "Thank you guys for all your help. I would not have been able to do all of this if you weren't here."

Wooyoung nudged your shoulder, a playful smile on his lips. "Hey, we're family! That's what we do for one another." You glanced around the room, a smile forming on your face. You have heard them call you their family countless times, but for some reason it hit you differently this time.

The entirety of your life, you had been alone. Sure you had your parents and sister, but you really didn't have any friends until you got to high school where you met Naeun. Looking around, you saw your family, bright smiles on each of their faces as they accepted you.

Your eyes began to water soon after, causing everyone in the room to panic except Hongjoong. With a chuckle, he wiped away the tears before they could fall before caressing your cheek. "You're such a little baby."

You glared at him, causing the others to burst out into laughter. With a pout, you just drank your beer and started to eat, the rest following suit. The nine of you began to talk about anything that came to mind. This whole interaction soon became something that you were used to, like a part of your routine.

Soon evening turned into night as the boys decided it was time to leave. You waved them off, saying each of your goodbyes to the all the boys except one. You knew that Hongjoong had wanted to spent the night and even brought enough clothes to last him a full week in your apartment.