021

c h a p t e r   t w e n t y o n e  :  a   s u d d e n  a r r i v a l

That morning when you had woken up, you were greeted to an empty bed. Confused and worried, you rushed out of Hongjoong's room only to notice that the entire house was empty. You slowly began to panic when all of a sudden, you heard faint cursing coming from the kitchen.

Peeking over the corner, you watched as Hongjoong attempted to make pancakes with countless of failed tries scattered all over the counter. Stifling a laugh, you finally walked in. "What are you doing?"

Hongjoong jolted his head up when he heard your voice, a sheepish smile on his face. Rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment, he pointed towards the mess he created.

"I tried to make you pancakes, but I guess cooking isn't really in my skill set."

Letting out a laugh, you helped clean away the burnt pancakes before taking out a clean mixing bowl. "You should've called me. I'm pretty good at making pancakes." Hongjoong smiled before wrapping his arms around your waits, placing his chin on your shoulder. "I didn't want to wake you up."

You placed a quick peck on his cheek before you began to mix the ingredients together, with the a bit of Hongjoong's help. Soon, a stack of pancakes were made as the two of you headed towards the dining room to eat. As you plopped a large mouthful of food into your mouth, you looked around the now quiet house.

"Wheres everybody else?" you asked, your mouth filled to the brim with pancakes.

Hongjoong let out a laugh before leaning in to wipe away any excess food from your face. "Seonghwa had a meeting at his modelling agency and Yunho headed to work. The rest of the guys probably left for their classes."

Nodding, the two of you continued your breakfast. Once the plate that was previously stacked high with pancakes was empty, you and Hongjoong got up from the table to get ready for the day.

Heading into the washroom, you quickly got changed, putting away all your things back into your duffel bag. You walked out and saw Hongjoong ready by the door waiting for you. The two of you slipped on your shoes before exiting the house to head to work.