015

c h a p t e r   f i f t e e n  :  f a m i l y

The ride to dinner with Hongjoong was one you did not see coming. From the entirety of the time you knew him, he was very private about his life outside of the studio with the exclusion of the talk the two of you had days ago before he became insanely drunk. This was the first time you were in a car with him alone.

Looking out of the window, you noticed how Hongjoong was heading towards a residential road. Confused, you glanced at him as he was driving. "I thought we were going to get dinner? Where are we going."

Hongjoong briefly looked at you with a soft smile before looking back to the road. "I felt that a restaurant meal wouldn't be enough for the both of us. It's been a while since you had a home cooked meal, right?" Shyly smiling, you slowly nodded as Hongjoong's smile drew wider. "Well it's a good thing I have roommates who are basically Michelin Star chefs. We'll be in good hands."

The thought of his roommates popped into your head and suddenly, you were becoming more and more nervous. Hongjoong clearly explained how these boys were basically his family. You were meeting his family. After the talk you had with Seonghwa the previous day, you knew how important Hongjoong was in their eyes. And you did not want to mess your first meeting with them up.

Soon enough, his car pulled into the familiar driveway as he turned off the car. Turning towards you, Hongjoong had a sheepish smile on his face. "I'm really sorry that I sprung dinner on you like this. I can drop you home if you feel uncomfortable"

Shaking your head, you softly smiled before unbuckling yourself. Stepping out from the passenger side and Hongjoong from the opposite end, you say "It's fine. Besides, you do owe me from last time."

Hongjoong gently laughed before he fished his keys from his jacket pocket, fumbling with the lock before opening the door. "Well, I hope you're ready to dine like a queen." Opening the door, Hongjoong stepped aside to allow you to enter first.

Upon entering, you immediately noticed how the house was decorated. From the modern abstract sculptures at the entry way to the multi coloured living room, you could tell how each part of the house represented one of the boys.

Waling further into the house, you noticed Seonghwa in the kitchen with another boy cooking up storm. The rest of the boys were setting the table, pulling up a stray chair they found to their table. A tall male with red hair noticed you first as his eyes lit up.

"Hongjoong's here! And he brought a girl!"

Flustered, you looked to Hongjoong beside you who was as red as the boy's hair. "Song Mingi! I swear to god, I'm going to kill you!" As Hongjoong left to join the boys, Seonghwa greeted you with a welcoming smile as he lead you to the kitchen.