019

c h a p t e r   n i n e t e e n  :  l o v e b i r d s

The two of you spent the rest of the day sitting on that bench, cracking jokes with one another and talking about upcoming songs you both wanted to write.

There was no denying that the spark between the two of you had come back; How your fingers lingered a bit longer whenever either of you grazed the other's hands or how whenever you locked eyes with one another, it tended to last longer than usual.

Night fall came quickly and you hadn't really noticed until you realized how empty the park had become. "I guess we should head back." Hongjoong nodded before you both got up and began the walk back to the entertainment. Silence fell over you again, but it was more comfortable than awkward. Like you enjoyed each others presence enough to not care to speak.

Then, out of nowhere, you felt a hand slide into yours as your fingers intertwined. Looking up, you saw Hongjoong with a proud smile on his face. Letting out a small laugh, the two of you continue your walk until Hongjoong spoke up.

"Jina?"

"Yeah?" you respond, your eyes still facing forward.

"Lets go on a date."

Startled at his response, you stop in your tracks as Hongjoong did the same. "Right now? But I'm not even dressed properly!" You looked down at your plain appearance, worried about if you should go home quickly and change.

A deep chuckle erupted from Hongjoong's chest as he placed a soft kiss on the back of your hand. "You look perfect. Let me treat you, okay?" Dawdling on your answer, you finally agreed as the two of you finally made it back to the entertainment. The two of you parted ways in order collect your stuff from your respective studios.

After grabbing your things, you went down to the lobby to see Hongjoong waiting, hands in his pocket as he glanced around in search for you. When his eyes landed on you, he grinned and walked over to you, holding your hand as if it was something he had done all the time.