020

c h a p t e r   t w e n t y  :  r o o m   f o r   t w o

c h a p t e r t w e n t y : r o o m f o r t w o

Weeks had past since that night you and Hongjoong were sitting in his car talking the night away. Since then, you were finally able to establish label with one another, this becoming his 'girlfriend'. Just hearing it made you smile like an idiot.

The two of you would go to work together and he would drop you off overnight, but not before giving you a kiss goodnight. You would have weekly dinner with his roommates and he had recently met your sister and Naeun, who both approved the relationship almost immediately.

You couldn't help but sigh like a lovestruck fool but your friend couldn't stand it. Naeun sat right across from you, watching as you were happily texting your boyfriend. Grumbling under her breath about her single her life was, she decided to wash down her feelings with some coffee. "Hello? Earth to Jina? Your super single friend would like to have your attention now?"

Jolting your head up from your phone to see Naeun with an annoyed look on her face, you shyly smiled before putting your phone aside. "I"m sorry! I'm new to this whole dating thing" Letting out a scoff, Naeun got up to collect the empty plates from your table. "You're in the honeymoon stage. Every couple is like that at that stage."

Pondering over what your friend said, you began to think about your relationship with Hongjoong. Even though it had been a while since the two of you met and you only started dating recently.

Upon her return, Naeun noticed your facial expression as she sat down. Placing her hand over yours, she softly smiled. "Hey. What's on your mind?"

Letting out an anxious smile, you turned to your best friend for advice. "What if me and Hongjoong fight? I mean, he got out of a really bad relationship. What happens if we fight and he decides he can't handle it anymore?"

"You're going to have to fight, Jina. That's how relationships work. Look at me and you; we've been friend for over eight years and haven't we fought from time to time?" Stifling out a laugh, you nodded as she continued.

"Exactly. You guys are going to fight, regardless of either of your pasts. The real question is, are you willing to sit down and talk to each other or give up?"

You let Naeun's advice sink in, a bright smile soon painting its way onto your lips. "How did I get lucky enough to have such a wise best friend?" Sarcastically rolling her eyes, you watched as she got up and headed back to her spot behind the counter. "Yeah, whatever."

Following her, you leaned over the large counter, a pleading look on your face. Naeun caught a glimpse of the look and immediately said "No."