006

c h a p t e r  s i x : a  n e w  s i d e  o f  h I m

c h a p t e r  s i x : a n e w s i d e o f h I m

✧˚₊‧༉ H O N G J O O N G ༉‧₊˚✧

"This is impossible!" Jina exclaimed as she collapsed on his studio floor with a massive headache from coming up with song ideas.

After Siwon had sprung the short deadline on us, the two of us have been stuck in his studio trying to think of a song idea. I was used to Siwon's demanding behaviour over the past years I've worked under his company. His deadlines never got to me because I always delivered the best results, usually within two days.

But that conversation with Siwon was four days ago.

Now with only a little over 2 days left, it was evident that Jina and I were both so close to losing hope.

My frustration finally boiled to the top as I slammed my fists on to my desk, nearly missing my very expensive custom keyboard. I began to scratch at my head, I habit I developed when I became too stressed. "I don't get it?! I've written songs in shorter deadlines but why can't I think of something now!?"

After letting out a deep sigh, I watched from the corner of my eye as Jina rolled her chair towards me, in what I assumed was her trying to calm me down. "Don't beat yourself up about it, Hongjoong. It's obvious that we're tired and stressed"

A dry scoff escaped as I leaned back in my chair. "You don't understand. This is what I'm good at. I've always been able to write songs under pressure. Why can't I do it now?"

Jina simply shrugged her shoulders as she leaned back in her seat."You're not a robot. You need to take a break and maybe experience something. Maybe get some inspiration."

Looking back at her, I could see the optimism in her face. She seemed so positive, that it honestly was intriguing. I just shook my head and turned back to my computer. "We should just power through this. I'm sure today we'll find something. Or tomorrow."

Just as I was about to play another beat, I felt my chair being spun around and was ,let with a frustrated Jina. She had grabbed my shoulders in an attempt to keep me put "Hongjoong, you need to rest. And I'm declaring that we get out of this studio and have some fun."

I glanced back at my desktop, the deadline imprinted in my mind. "But we won't finish the song in time..."

"We will! Just trust me, okay? Please this is for your own good.."

That pleading look in the her eyes  got to me as I finally agreed. Jina let out a squeal as she grabbed both of our jackets. "Let's go!".