Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Victoria Strauss’s POV

“Please don’t go…”I pleaded but he didn’t even look back as if he didn’t listen to me.

“Please…”I pleaded once again but he keeps walking towards the bright light that almost blinded my sight. Once again, he just ignored me. 

The ache in my chest became worse as his tall build figure was getting smaller and smaller consumed by the light. I clenched my chest trying to stop the ache but nothing changed. Then, his figure already gone and now pitch black smoke filled the once bright environment. The black smoke consumed me into it and bring me back… to the real world.

I sighed and got up from my deep afternoon sleep. After the incident with mom, I went straight to Baskin and Robin to have some ice creams. Ice cream can calm me down and I ate it whenever I’m sad. I walked around the town watching the busy streets, people in rush on phone while walking down the streets, people smiling with their loved ones and teens going out with their friends. 

I just want my old family back. My parents has unpaid debt with the bank and the bank will take our house if we didn’t paid the debt and it will due next year. Mom was planning to have me married so that I’ll get my grandparents’ properties. And the funny thing is that any Strauss who is 18 and above gets married before they aged 25, they will get the properties. Why would my great-great-great and more great grandparents make such a family tradition? Ugh… I hate the word great.

“I hate being a Strauss. Why can’t I be the Stanley so that I can be Valerie’s sister and a Miller so that I can be Tanya’s sister?”I complained asking to nobody and lifted my head watching the fluorescent light on the ceiling. 

I sighed again and started to sing Taylor Swift-Safe and Sound. 

“~I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I’ll never let you go,

When all those shadows almost killed your light,

 I remember, you said ‘don’t leave me alone’,

But all that’s dead and gone and past, tonight

Just close your eyes, the sun is going down,

You’ll be all right; no one can hurt you now,

Come morning light, you and I’ll be safe and sound…~”

I almost jumped off my bed as my Samsung Galaxy Grand rang beside me. Quickly I grabbed my phone and answered the call without looking at the screen first.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Vic. It’s me, Tanya. Are you ready yet? It almost 7 p.m. you know.”She said excitedly and I frowned at her words. I didn’t know that I have a plan today.

“Um… oh… yes, I know. Haha…”I replied reluctantly not knowing how to answer her. I can’t just tell her that I forgot my plan for today.

“I know you forgot about it. Geez, Vic. It’s Valerie’s birthday tonight and we’re going to celebrate it in a club.”She said trying to make me remember.

Oh… I just remember. Last week, Valerie wanted Tanya and me to celebrate her birthday. That’s right… I was reading on my Wattpad as they talked and that’s why I barely remember what she said that day. I was reading How to Be a Queen on Wattpad so that’s why I didn’t paid attention to them. I need to know what happened to Hades and Apollo when Hades caught Aerith and Apollo kissed. I really love that story.

And now I finished reading that story and didn’t remember anything happened a week ago.  

“Oh no! I’m not ready yet. When will you fetch me up?”I said while stripping in rush. 

“I’ll get you around 8 p.m. So be ready now and make sure to be pretty.”She said and hung up the phone. I threw the phone into my bed and went straight to the bathroom. I showered and sang in excited to meet my friends. I need them in this rough time.

After shower, I wore my white bra with matching underwear. Quickly I put on a white tank top and a tight black leather pants with matching black leather jacket. I look at my own reflection on the big mirror I hung on the wall. 

Whoa… I look like Catwoman. Meow! 

Then, I grabbed my phone and earphone and kept it in my pants pocket. I bolted off to downstairs after I put on my black framed glasses and walked to the kitchen to have anything before I got out. I took a glance to my parents who were cuddling on the couch while watching an adult movie.

“Princess… where are going?”Dad asked as he saw me rummaging the fridge. I turned at my back and saw him was staring at me in confusion while mom immediately turned her attention to the movie.

“I’m going out with Valerie and Tanya. Maybe I’ll be late.”

“You’re going out with that outfit? Just look at your butt. That pants showed your butt too much and what with the tank top? Why tank top?”Dad asked showing his dislike at my too sexy outfit. 

“Dad, I won’t do anything crazy you’re thinking of right now and I just want to be Catwoman tonight.”I said as I took a big bite on my apple. I munched it slowly as I went to the shoe rack. I sat down in front of the rack and took out my black platform shoes. As I done wearing my shoes, I stood up and threw the half eaten apple into the dustbin. And the door bell suddenly rang. It must be Tanya.

“Coming!”I said and opened the door revealing a slightly tanned lady wore a blood red mini dress that hugged every curve on her body perfectly and a pair of nude platform shoes. Her baby blue eyes match her black wavy hair and her lips were forming a big warm smile to me.

“Are you ready, Vic?”Tanya asked as she waved her hand in front of me who was still looking at her in amusement.

“Wow, so pretty yet so sexy.”I said still in daze. She sighed and rolled her eyes at me.

“You sound like a sick pervert right now. Let’s go!”She said as she tugged my arm to follow her to her yellow Camaro.

Wait. What?! 

“Oh my gosh, it’s Bumblebee!”I shrieked and looked around Bumblebee to observe my most favorite car in the world.  

I trailed my finger at every inch of the car. OooOo, it felt good.

“Just get into the car, Vic!”Tanya commanded as she climbed into the driver seat. 

“I love this car!”I exclaimed in the car before Tanya speed off to the club