Chapter 13

Chapter 13 

Victoria Strauss’s POV

I got out from the meeting room and sighed. It was very boring that I almost dozed off. I wonder how Adam managed to stay focus on the meeting. I flinched when a warm hand touched my shoulder. 

“Adam.”

“Want to lunch with me?” He stared into my eyes and I blushed as last night incident played through my head.

I like you.  

I turned away from his gaze and keep walking. The last night memory keeps playing on my head. 

I love you. I love you, Victoria. I love you, my queen.

Wait! 

How those words did come into my head? Stop hallucinating, Victoria. He is a monster. He will never love you. Or even care for you.

I sighed as we went into the elevator. Here is another awkward moment with Adam Watson. Whenever I saw him, last night incident will be played again and again. I can’t meet him eyes to eyes at all!

I had a confession from a guy when I am 17 and of course, I rejected him. Now, Adam confessed to me and it drives me crazy! I can’t accept nor reject him neither. I want him but he is too good for me. A rich hot guy is into me, an ugly woman who has her glasses on her nose almost every time and has a plain body and look? Pfft… kiss my butt.

“So… do you want to lunch with me? I’ll treat you.” He said and stared into my eyes. His icy blue orbs are beautiful and I can see love and sincerity in it.

Suddenly, I can feel my head moved slightly.

Wait!

 Did I just nod?  

“Good. I’ll wait you.” He said and winked. We walked out from the elevator as it stopped on the 20th floor. I went into my room and sighed. 

Why did you nodded, Victoria?

 No, it is okay. Let just say that I nodded because he said that he will treat me. I can save my pocket money for today.

I grabbed my handbag as I saw Adam was standing outside of my room. Time to eat!

“No, I can’t go in there.”

“Come on, my queen. The foods are quite good since they have a new cook.”

I shook my head as Adam keeps pushing me to go in… Sweet Moment! I can’t let my family saw me with Adam especially Neil. 

Wait? Did he just say the word since?

“Did you always come here?”I said while turning my head to see his face. How can I never see him in Sweet Moment?

“I did last year. But not always. I’m a busy man after all.”He said and his hands are on my shoulder squeezing it slightly.

“Adam, can we grab a pizza instead? I’m craving for a pizza today.” I pleaded and shook his arm slightly. I squealed in victory as I saw Adam sighed in defeat.

I pushed his back slightly to make him turn. As I was about to leave the place, I heard a familiar husky male voice behind me. I quickly turn to meet the voice owner.

“Babe, what are you doing here?” The voice called me. My eyes widened as I saw Neil standing in front of Sweet Moment. He was holding a phone while his eyes are glued on me.  

“And who are you?” Neil growled slightly while turning his attention to Adam. Neil frowned as he saw Adam was gripping my hand tightly. When did he grip my hand? I have no idea.

“Hey, get off your filthy hand from her!” Neil growled and walked towards us. No, he and his protectiveness make everything worse! They are going to fight!

Before Neil get to hit Adam with his clenched fist, I blocked it by grabbing his wrist. He frowned at my doing. I pushed him away and sighed. Adam just standing still there not even flinch at Neil’s threat.

“Adam, he is my brother, Neil. Neil, he is my boss, Adam Watson.”

Neil widened his eyes and Adam just frowned in confusion.

“Wait. He’s your brother? Why would a brother called his sister babe?”

“Hey, she’s my baby sister. I can call her whatever I want.” Neil said still growling like a beast.

“My queen, are you sure he’s your brother? You look like an angel while he looks like… Gollum.” Adam snickered with a sexy smirk plastered on his face.

Hey, no one can make fun of my brother!

Except me.

“Stop it. Sorry, Adam. Neil, we will talk later at home, okay?”

I waved my hand as I walked off with Adam. I felt bad for leaving Neil.

“You didn’t tell me anything about your brother.” I raised my eyebrow. I did but he didn’t believe me that Neil is my brother. Now it is my fault? 

I just rolled my eyes at him and sighed.

“Anyway, where are we going to lunch, my queen?”

“Can we grab some burgers instead?” I asked tilting my head up to stare into his beautiful icy blue eyes. Maybe that was a bad idea as I blushed when our eyes glued for the moment.

“Anywhere you want, my queen.” He said with a smile on her face as he bent his knee to stand at the same height as mine but at the same time, not breaking the eyes contact. 

I darted my eyes at somewhere else breaking the eyes contact to cover up my red beet face.