Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Victoria Strauss’s POV

“Ugh… I hate that guy.”Valerie stated and rolled her green eyes after Adam came out from the room. I just smiled awkwardly and laughed a bit.

“So, how did you know each other?”I asked curious on how they met each other. 

Valerie isn’t very bond with males except my brother, dad and maybe her father. She has that tomboy and fierce look at outside but I know that she’s quite feminine and mature inside. She helped me when I got bullied by the sluts in high school after Neil got out from the school. 

I know that I sound so damsel in distress in my school time but now I’m no longer be the damsel in distress. I can do a lot of martial arts such as taekwondo, karate, hapkido and I even boxed with Neil.

“We went to the same college and we became business partners after we graduated. That’s it.”Valerie said in a bored tone as she crossed her slender sun kiss legs when she sat on a small white couch at the corner of the room. 

“Anyway, take this. I bought ice cream for you!”Tanya said as she showed me a big bowl of vanilla ice cream with a sprinkle of chocolate chips on it.

My favorite!

“Wait. Can I really eat this? You know, I’m a patient.”I said as my eyes were glued on the irresistible ice cream.

“Don’t worry, just dig in! Just don’t get caught.”She replied with a sly smile. I just chuckled and shrugged.

“Thanks. How did you guys know that I’m craving for one right now?”I asked as I shoved a big spoonful of ice cream into my mouth. 

Yum! 

“We’re your friends. Friends always know what friends craving for.”Tanya replied with a big smile. I just rolled my eyes at her ridiculous remark.

“Let’s get straight to the point. Why didn’t you tell us about Oliver?”Valerie asked as she shot me a dagger glare with a grim line formed on her red lips.

“Um… uh… I was so busy.”I replied nervously and scratched my un-itchy scalp. I just can’t tell them. I’m doomed if they know about it.

“Just tell us. I won’t get angry.”She said with a big smile on her lips. 

“We were dating in 10th grade and I’m so sorry for didn’t letting you guys knew about it.”I said quickly practically begging at them as I clasped my hands together hoping that they will forgive me.

“You guys know that I had a major crush on him back then and I confessed my feeling at him without telling you guys. Then, we dated without anyone of the school knows too.”I explained as looked at both of them frantically worried that they will get mad any minute now.

“But he became so possessive and beat me whenever he found out that I was talking or even touching a guy. Neil found out about us and protected me from Oliver until now. Then, he came back and beat me again but more violent this time and I ended up in coma. I woke up and tadah… the end.”I continued and gave them a big reassuring smile hoping that they will not do anything violent to me. 

Yeah… violent thing.

They stared at me with confused looks and I just keep widening my smile mentioning that I was telling the truth. 

“V… I don’t know… What should I say…? You’re mean.”Valerie said in a confused and shocked voice while sighing. She rubbed her temple and shook her head at me.

Why? What does her mean by ‘mean’?

“Err… Is it a compliment or what?”I asked as I shoved down another spoonful of ice cream into my mouth.