Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Adam Watson’s POV

I got out from my car and glanced at my watch. It was 8.35 a.m. and my usual time to work was 9 a.m. It was unusual for me to come early to office. I just want to see my queen so I woke up early.

“Good morning, Mr. Watson.” The receptionist greeted me and bowed in respect. I just nodded and walk through the lobby.

I was greeted by my other employees too as their eyes met me. I went into the elevator and pushed the button. I ignored the weird look and murmur my employees given to me in the elevator. 

What the hell with this people? I got up on the right side of the bed today and I didn’t want to mess it up.

When the elevator was about to closed, a fair small hand was blocking the elevator to close. 

Standing there was my queen blocking the elevator to stop by her small cute hand. She wears a hot pink dress that reached above her knees revealing her fair legs and a black pump. Her waist-length brown hair flowed on her chest and her cherry pink lips were puckered a bit as she gasped for air. She looks totally hot today! 

She blushed uncomfortable by my gaze and lowered her head. She stood still next to me and I can’t stop glancing at her. The hormonal male employees in the elevator keep murmuring about her behind me which totally makes me pissed off. I cleared my throat warning them to stop and they stopped murmuring about her right then. I smiled slightly as I glanced at my queen. Her hands were gripping her black leather handbag tightly and her eyes were sparkling when she stared straight at the elevator.

As the elevator stopped at the 20th floor, we stepped out together from the elevator. I cleared my throat at the awkwardness. What wrong with me today? I can’t even say hi to her. 

“Sir, I want to know what my duty is. I haven’t done a thing for you since yesterday.” She started to talk to me. I glanced at her eyes which were staring into mine. We were staring into each other eyes until I saw her cheek was turning beet red. She quickly turned away from my gaze and went straight into her room. She was blushing. How cute!

I went into my office and took off my black blazer. I plopped down on my seat and crossed my arms across my chest.

My confession last night makes me awkward around her.

Maybe I was too fast. I should take it smooth and slow. But I was not that kind of person.

“Come to my office now, Victoria.” I called her on the desk phone and waited. I keep on my usual self and straightened up my chest. I turned my eyes to the door as it was opened. It was my queen. 

“Yes, sir?”

“Please just call me Adam. Or any name that you’re comfortable with.”

“Okay… Adam.”

“Good. Just be comfortable around me. I don’t bite.” I said grinning. She rolled her eyes slightly. 

What? It was true. I didn’t bite.

“Sir, is there anything that I can do for you?”

“Be mine.” I said still grinning at her. Her eyes widened in shock at my words. 

“H-huh?” She stuttered with her beet red face. She was adorable!

“I’m just joking. I just want you to be with me on a meeting at 10 a.m.” I said while leaning comfortably on my seat. She sighed and smiled at me. 

“Yes, sir. I mean Adam. I’ll be with you.”

“You’ll be with me? I’ll love it if you add forever at the end of it, my queen.” I said while smirking at her beet red face. I’ll be with you forever. I grinned at the thought she said that word to me one day. 

I got up from my seat and walked towards her. She looks flustered at my action as I pushed myself closely to her and pulled her back to lean closer on my chest. I leaned my chin at the top of her head and smoothed her hair. I can hear her heart beats so fast on my arms. 

“S-sir. I need to go.” She wiggled in my arms and pushed my chest slightly. She yelped as I tightened the hug refusing her to go. I want to feel her warmness more. She sighed knowing that I won’t let her go. Sorry, my queen. I just missed you so much.

She pushed my chest stronger than before and managed to free herself from me. She quickly walked off from my office leaving me in confusion.

What did I do wrong? Did I hug her too tight?

I grabbed my blazer and put it on. Now it was almost 10 a.m. I should go to the meeting room fast. I walked out from my room and pulled off my usual cold look. I stared at my queen’s room and it was empty. 

Where was she? Did she already when to the meeting room? I want her on my side right now.