Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Adam Watson’s POV 

“Hey, Adam. How’s your business going?”A guy with a white suit approached me with a glass of cocktail in his hand. 

I barely know anyone from Elena’s birthday party in the mansion. She invited a lot of people and even some of the business partners. She’s forced to invite the business men by father since a lot of the business men are tricky. 

“Oh, it’s doing well. Very well.”I replied and smiled at him. Then, he left me. 

Huh, why is he come to me at the first place?

I miss my queen. I’ve said that to myself for thousands times today. I want to go to her house but I’m very nervous thinking of meeting her parents and I think her brother still mad at me for kissing his sister.

I smiled at the thought of our first kiss. Her tongue felt so amazing with mine and I felt fireworks when we kissed. It’s not a just firework, it’s an addictive fireworks that make me want to kiss her again and again.

“Hey, Adam. Enjoy yourself in my party?”Elena’s voice suddenly snapped me from my thought and she placed her palm on my shoulder. I turned my back to see her.

She was wearing a red floor length satin dress and a diamond necklace on her neck. She looks beautiful today. Well, today’s her birthday.

“Elena, you’re ugly.”I commented with sarcasm and smiled at her.

“Oh, thank you. You’re ugly too.”She replied with sarcasm and I chuckled.

“Did you invite her?”I asked.

“Who? Your queen?”She said while rolling her grey eyes.

“Yes, my queen.”I replied and gave her a smile.

“I did call her but she didn’t answer my call.”

“She didn’t? Why?”I asked frantically. 

“I don’t know.”

Then, I took out my phone from my pocket and called her number. I tried many times but she still didn’t pick up my call.

Calm down, Adam. Maybe she’s with her family going out.

“Don’t worry, Adam. Maybe she’s busy.”Elena comforted me but it didn’t really comfort me. There’s an uneasy feeling inside me. 

“Okay, I got to go. Bye.”She said pecking my cheek before she left me.

“Hey, buddy. Want to have some drink?”Calvin suddenly came with drunken state and handed me an empty bottle of champagne. 

“You’re drunk. Just go home, Calvin before you make a ruckus.”I said to him as I took away the bottle from him. 

He’s always leave some mess when he’s drunk like breaking empty bottle of champagne on his head, crying out loud for no reason and even peed in our pool. And I’m the one who always take all the blame because he’s my only friend. 

“Why? Elena hasn’t cut her big cake so I’m not going to leave early. She’ll be upset if I left early.”He said and showed a sad face to me. I just rolled my eyes and sighed.

“Okay. But don’t make anything funny.”I warned.

“Pfft… funny? You didn’t want me to take one of these hot girls in this party home? It’s one of my life principles to take a girl home every night and fuck them! Haha!”He said and he seems can’t stand properly.

“Okay. I don’t care about your life principle but don’t do anything funny here.”I said and lifted his arm to have him standing properly.

“Okay, bud. I love you.”He said and immediately dozed off.

Huh, thank goodness. 

I brought him to our guest room upstairs and left him lying on the bed. As I was about to leave the room, I heard a sob came from him.

He’s crying again. 

Maybe he has a dream about his parents. He has told all about his childhood life to me since, once again, his only friend. He was a son of drug dealer and his parents left him when he was 10 because his parents want to run away from the police. His parents ran away leaving him alone in their house without any notice or call. Then, his uncle adopted him and paid all for his study. He studied very hard to excel in Linston Private College. I became his friend not because I sympathized him for being the son of most wanted drug dealer but because his kind heart. 

He may look strong and arrogant outside but he’s very tender inside. 

Sometimes men cry if they get hurt because that’s the last way to calm them down even though we knew that crying means weakness. We may look strong outside but we have limits too. We’re human too.

I closed the door slowly so that the noise won’t disturb his slumber. 

Suddenly, my phone rang on my pocket and I quickly answered the call without looking at the screen.

“Adam, *hiccup* please take me.”My queen’s voice on the phone make me quickly took a glance at the screen to confirm that it’s my queen.

“Okay, my queen. I’ll be there. Where are you right now?”

“At the amusement park.”She replied and hung up the phone.

I quickly ran downstairs and walked out from the mansion. I went to my black Mercedes and started to speed off to the only amusement park in this town.

“So, today’s Mercedes?”My queen asked as she sat in the front seat beside me.

“Yes. I’ve a lot of car back home but I used my Mercedes Benz today.”

“Why are you wearing a suit and looking all good today?”She asked with a frown on her forehead while looking at my navy blue suit. 

“Oh, today’s Elena’s 23rd birthday. And I’m not just good, I’m amazing.”I replied and looked into her puffy hazel eyes. She looks like she just finished crying. Why? Why is she crying?

“Oh, she didn’t tell me about it.”She replied and lowered her head while I was driving the car. 

“She did. She called you a few times but you didn’t pick it up. And my call too.”I said as my attention still on the road.

“Oh. Sorry.”She muttered.

Then, an awkward silence filled in the air. 

“Bring me to her birthday party.”She said and I glanced at her.

“I thought you want me to drive you home.”

“No. I’m not tired yet. I felt bad for not picking her call up and didn’t go for her party.”

“Okay, but you’ll need to wear a dress at her party since it’s a formal party.”I said and I speed off to a near shopping mall.

“I’m tired to see the mall again.”She muttered with a sigh as we reached the mall.

“You’ve been here today?”I asked but she silenced didn’t answer my question.

“Okay, let’s find a dress quick before the party’s started.”

“The party hasn’t started yet?”She asked with widened eyes.

“No, so let’s go.”I said and we quickly went into the shopping mall.