Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Victoria Strauss’s POV

I woke up groggily and wiped off the drool on my cheek with my hand. How did I fall asleep? I fixed up my glasses pushing it up to the bridge of my nose and glanced to the wall clock. I was shocked when I saw the short hand of the clock almost pointed number 6. 

“Gosh, how can I oversleep? It almost 6 and my shift are over at 7.” I panicked. I haven’t done anything in this room and I was bored by myself. I had called Valerie and Tanya to chat with them but none of them picked up my call so I decided to sleep instead.

I frowned at a bottle of orange juice and two bags of Lay’s potato chips on the table. I peeled off a stick note on the orange juice. It said:

Here’s an orange juice and chips for you… 

From:

Your hot boss… (:

Hot boss? 

It was Mr. Watson’s? Why would he bother doing this to me? Nah… I didn’t care. My stomach was growling wanting to be satisfied. 

Wait?

Did he saw me sleeping? Oh no! I was ruined! What if he fired me because I slept? 

Nah… he will understand. He was the one who leave me alone without any tasks to do.

I grabbed the bottle and opened the cap. I gulped down the orange juice to quench my thirst and opened the potato chips. I ate all the food just in 3 minutes! Wow, I must be really ravenous. 

I burped and leaned my back lazily on my seat. I didn’t know what I am going to do today so I played Candy Crush on my phone. I flinched when my phone rang. I slide the screen to answer the call. It was from Neil.

“Hi, sis. Are you busy right now?” 

“No, what’s wrong?” 

“Nothing, I just miss you, babe.”

“Oh, thank you, Neil (note the sarcasm). Wait, why did you came back here? I thought you still chasing that bitch.” I said while rolling my eyes thinking of the bitch that my brother loved so much.

 Most of women on earth, he chose the most bitchy and slutty one. They were dating for almost 3 years in high school but broke up because the bitch has found another guy who was better than my brother. I didn’t mind much about she dumped my brother but my brother was the only one who hurt so much because the bitch was Neil’s first crush. You know, love at first sight and blah-blah-blah… 

“She’s gone. I came here to meet my little sister!” He said trying to cover up the sadness in his voice with his high-pitched girlish voice.

 I muted when he said that bitch was gone.

 Gone? 

Was she dead?

 Oh my God! I haven’t apologized about me calling her bitch. What if her ghost came and haunted me?

“I’m sorry. Anyway, where are you working right now?” 

“I’ll be the cook in mum and dad’s restaurant.” 

“You graduated with flying colors in culinary at a famous college so why did you waste your skill by being a cook at mum and dad’s restaurant?” I said unsatisfied by his answer. He was the most talented one in my family and he should be working at a famous restaurant or be a celebrity chef.

“I should help mum and dad on their restaurant. I can help dad at the kitchen.” He said and I just sighed. Neil was the best when it comes to cooking beside my dad. Mom and I? I was sure that our food will be nominated as the most poisonous food on Earth.