Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Victoria Strauss’s POV 

We are watching Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters in the living room. Mom was sleepy so she went to her room leaving the three of us in the living room. My head was on dad’s lap while my legs were on Neil’s lap. So, I lay between them. We were so into the movie that the living room was unusually quiet. 

“I can’t continue watching this movie. I’m tired. Goodnight, prince and princess.” My dad said getting off from the couch and went straight into him and mom’s room leaving me alone with Neil. I just nodded my head while Neil still staring at dad until he went in the room. 

Suddenly, I felt my legs were being pushed and my butt bumped on the floor. I groaned as my butt hurt so much. I glared at Neil who was laughing at me on the couch. 

“Your face looks like the hungry giant Cyclop in the movie. I’m sorry. I don’t have any demigod to serve right now.” He mocked me and laughed out even more when I pouted. 

“Neil!” I shouted and he quickly cupped my mouth with his hand as he got off from the couch. I chuckled as I saw his wary look. He must be afraid of our parent. He pushed my forehead slightly with his finger and smiled. He quickly went to the couch again.

“I heard that you didn’t get that job. Why?” He said as his eyes were still on the movie. I sighed and sat down on the couch next to him. 

“That guy almost raped me and I hit him.” I said in a bored tone and watched the movie in silence trying to give Neil a hint to stop talking about it. His eyes widened as he stared at me.

“Raped you? That jerk is going to pay for this.” He said hitting the couch. I flinched at his sudden reaction. What was wrong with him? Has he taken his pills yet?

“He almost raped me. Chill, Neil. I got him quite bad so don’t worry.” I said making a ‘peace’ with my fingers to him. His blue eyes still showing worries in it.

“But he hurt you, right?”

“No. He just… sort of pressed his body on me.”

“He’s under you? That guy got some nerves to touch you, huh?” He said with a murderous look. I rolled my eyes at his protectiveness. That was one thing that I loved about him. His protectiveness might be annoyed me a bit but he always makes me smile and feel protected. And he was the one who save me from ‘him’. 

“Thank you for caring. I love you.” I said hugging him tightly. He hugged back and kissed my forehead. 

“Sister, you don’t know that I love you more than you imagined. I missed you when you’re not around. I want your love.” He said kissing my cheek continuously. Okay, I take back my word that I said I like his protectiveness. I pushed his face and rolled my eyes. Can he just be a normal brother for a day?   

“I’m sorry, babe. Let’s go to bed right now. We can continue this movie tomorrow.” He said while turning off the TV. I yelped when he lifted me in bridal style. He lifted me until he went in my room. He plopped me down on the bed and lay beside me. 

“Babe, can I sleep with you? I miss you. I can’t sleep without you, babe.” He said dramatically that I felt sick of his drama. 

“Neil!” I half shouted warning him to go. He chuckled and kissed my forehead before he walked off from the room. 

I glanced at my alarm clock and it showed 10.15 p.m. I got up from my bed and grabbed my phone on the bed. I frowned when I saw 25 missed calls from Mr. Watson. He called me? For what? An apology? Sorry, I don’t accept apologies from monsters.