Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Victoria Strauss’s POV

I looked at my own reflection on the mirror with a frown. Something was missing. I looked at my face and my outfit. No, it was perfect. It was just unusual for me to wear a white shirt and a navy blue pencil skirt. I has make up on today too. I put in my phone into a black leather handbag. I didn’t know why most women love handbags. I hate handbags but I love shoes!

Today was the day. I need to go to Watson’s building before 9 and now it’s 7.57 a.m. 

Suddenly, a knock at the door make me flinch. Then, the door opened and Neil came out through the door. 

“Babe, you look beautiful today. And you smell good too.”He said as he hugged me and took a whiff of my scent. I pushed his hard chest to get out of his arms. We always act lovey-dovey but we weren’t incest. I’m not into incest.

“Neil, how do I look today? Am I okay or so-so or wow?”I asked and twirled around so that he can judge my look today clearly.

“You look exquisite, babe. Too exquisite for me to let you go today.”He said and hugged me again. I sighed in defeat knowing that he didn’t helping at all.

“Neil, stay away from me. You’re ruining my outfit and hair.”I scowled didn’t want him to ruin my look today. 

I went to downstairs and went to the kitchen.

“Break a leg, princess. But don’t break your leg for real.”Dad joked and winked at me. I just smiled and grabbed a toast for my breakfast. I went to the front door and put on my red open-toe heel.

“Neil, where are you?”I shouted and looked around the garage looking for him. Seriously, where are him? I’m getting late!

“Looking for me, babe?”Neil said and slides his arms on my waist. I slapped his arms make him hissed in pain and quickly removed his arms from my waist.

“Babe, you hurt me.”He said pouting in disappointment.

“But I still love you.”He said and quickly changed into a glee mode and went to the driver seat. I just rolled my eyes and climbed into the car.

“Chill, babe. Or may I give you a tension-reliever kiss?”He teased me and burst out into laughter while speed off to the destination.

I was waiting on the seat at the lobby while playing Angry Birds on my phone. It was already 9.24 a.m. The receptionist lady said Mr. Watson was still on a meeting. 

Then, stomps from annoying high heels came near to me and I snapped out from my game and looked up to see the woman who was standing in front of me right now.

“Mr. Watson’s already finished with his meeting. You can go now. It’s on the 20th floor.”The receptionist lady said while smiling at me. She was very beautiful and I think she was around 30 something.

“Thank you.”I thanked her with a smile and rose up from the seat. She walked back to her place and I walked towards the elevator. As the elevator opened when I arrived, a group of people rushed into the elevator with me. 

Where did they come from? I’m sure that the lobby was quite empty when I waited on the seat.

I forced myself to get into the elevator. I was squished between two bulky men wearing suits. Whoa, if they weren’t in a suit, they’ll look like fighters. I scrunched my nose at the unpleasant smell of sweat lingered in the elevator. Oh my God, will I reached at 20th floor alive?

17th floor, the two bulky men walked out from the elevator. Thank god!

18th floor, a lean man walked out.

19th floor, the others walked out from the elevator leaving me alone in the elevator. A blonde woman with a too revealing dress looked at me with a pointed look.  Why? Can’t I get to the 20th floor?

20th floor, I got out from the elevator. Now I get on the look of the blonde woman gave to me.

This floor was extravagant-looking with it glass wall and wooden floor. It was bigger-looking than other floor as it was only two room in this floor while other floor was cramped with desks and furniture. I assumed that the room with glass door was Mr. Watson’s.

I walked towards a small room and I saw a woman was busy typing something on the computer.  I cleared my throat to get her attention but she still not realizing my presence.

“Umm… sorry, but I has an appointment with Mr. Watson. Victoria Strauss’s the name.”I said to her making her snapped from doing her work. She looked at me with an expressionless look. I just gave her a smile uncomfortable by her blank gaze. Then, she rose up from her seat and fixed her red shirt and black pencil skirt. She walked towards me and gave me a smile.

“Mr. Watson is waiting for you in his office. Follow me.”She said as she leaded me to the office with big glass door and opened the door for me.

“Sir, she’s here.”She said at somebody on the couch. I can’t see the guy as I was standing behind her. Then, she walked out from the office leaving me alone with the Mr. Watson guy.

I looked at the guy who was sitting on the black leather couch with his legs crossed and a smirk was formed on his lips. I widened my eyes at the good-looking guy in front of me smirking at me.