Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Adam Watson’s POV

“Adam, do you want to visit Victoria with mom and me? It’s been a long time, you know.”Elena asked with a weak smile sitting on the black couch. I just pretended to ignore her and continued doing my work.

“I’m busy.”

“Come on, Adam. I know you miss her and we miss her too.”She continued to persuade me with her cute puppy eyes looking straight to me but my eyes were still glued on the paper in my hand.

“I SAID I’M BUSY, ELENA!”She flinched and her eyes started to pool with tears scared of my sudden scary shout. I clenched my fist trying to stop myself from hurting her. 

“O-o-okay…”She stammered as she got up from the couch and walked off from my office. 

 It has been 3 month my queen left me.

And it has been 3 month too I never leave this office.

I’m trying to busy myself with my work than crying over my queen.

My queen…

I love the pet name I gave to her.

I miss her…

I miss the sweetest smile that always came from her pink lips to me.

I miss the way she calls my name in her angelic voice.

I miss her clumsy yet cute acts when she’s around me.

I just miss her…

Argh… stop, Adam. You need to stop thinking about her. You have a business to work on.

When I was about to continued on the paper, I was snapped by the door.

“Father.”I quickly got up from my seat as father came into my office and looked at me.

What’s he doing here? He never came to my office since I took over.

His eyes looked around my office and his hands were slide on his pockets. He walked to the couch and sat on it with a loud sigh.

Then, a thick awkward silence filled in the air. I reluctantly sat down on my seat while my eyes were still on my father. He was still looking around at my office.

What’s he doing?

I cleared my throat and started to continue on my work but it was hard because father was obviously staring at me.

“Is there something wrong, father?”I asked uncomfortable by his stare. A grim line was formed on his lips before he started to talk.

“I want you to visit Victoria.”He said as he leaned at the back of the seat. 

It’s been a long time we talked to each other. The last time was 2 years ago and now it’s too awkward and weird.

I don’t have a good relationship with my father. It’s not like we had fought before but it’s because I rarely saw my father since I was born. He was busy with his business making the Watson Corp succeed and he finally did it. 

He was fond with Elena because you know, men loves their daughter.

“I’m sorry, father. I have a lot of works to do.”I replied politely and continued my work.

“Please… Adam.”My heart almost stops beating hearing him called my name and pleaded at me.

My father never called my name or even pleaded at me…

That was shocking. But I can’t go there. I’ll never go there again.

“Still, father, I’m sorry.”

He sighed at my replied and started to get up from the couch. He walked to the door and opened it. 

“Just go to her if you miss her. Don’t hurt yourself by avoiding her.”He said before he walked off.

I miss her but am I hurting myself right now? 

No, I’m okay.

No… I’m not okay.

I got up from my seat and walked off from my office. I went to the elevator and got into it to go to the lobby.

I will go to her… avoiding her is a too much a torture for me.

Let’s do this, Adam. Open the fucking door!

No, I can’t. What if her family are still in there and saw me burst into tears? It’ll be too embarrassing.

Here I am, fighting with my own mind in front of a door like a mad person. I’m too nervous to meet her again worried that I’ll cry again.

“I can do this.”I said to myself and twisted the door knob. I pushed to open the door and my head tilted a bit to the right to peek.

“Oh, Adam. You came.”A blonde middle-aged woman sitting on a stool beside a bed and gave me warm smile. She looks tired as I saw black bags under her blue eyes.

“Hello, Mrs. Strauss.”I greeted as I got into the patient room. There are mom, Elena and Mrs. Strauss in the room.

“I thought you didn’t come today.”Elena said as she looked at me in confusion. I just shrugged and stood a meter away from the bed.

It’s my queen who was on the bed.

She’s still in a coma for 3 months. Her skull and back rib were broken by the jerk named Oliver. I clenched my fists thinking of the jerk that made my queen in coma.

I had reported him to the police and the police started to search for him. His status as a popular celebrity has fallen and now he’s a wanted target. It’s been 3 months but the police still didn’t found him yet.

Why won’t my queen tell me about that jerk? If she told me about that jerk before, she will never get into a coma as I will be the one who will protect her from any harm.

“Can you leave me this room for a while?”I said to the ladies and they just nodded and left me alone in the room. Elena gave me a pat on my shoulder before she left.

Then, I burst into tears as I stared at my queen’s pale face and her lips were not as pink as before. She looks like Snow White who was waiting for a kiss on her lips to get her up from her slumber but this is not a fairy tale. This is reality, a fucking cruel reality. 

I walked towards her and reached for her hand. I caressed her cold pale hand as my tears streamed down on my face. I clenched my chest to hold the pain in my chest as my trembling hand caressed her cheek.

“I miss you, my queen.”I said between my sobs. This is too much…

It hurt too much…

“Please, my queen. I need you right now.”I said again to her but I know that she’ll never hear me. 

“I love you, my queen. Please come back to me.”

Oh God, what did I do to get tortured like this? Why are you torturing me too much? 

I just want my queen. I don’t need anything else right now. I already have everything but not my queen. I need my queen. She’s my life. She’s my one and only queen that ruled my heart.

“My queen…”

Then, I fell into deep slumber as my head collapsed beside her body.