Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Adam Watson’s POV

“Are we there yet?”My queen asked playfully as my attention was stuck on the road.

“No, we are not.”I sang playfully and took a brief glance at her. She giggled at me and turned her attention back to the road. 

“How big is your house?”She asked again and turned her head to me.

“It’s almost as big as a castle.”

“I can’t wait to see it.”She squealed and clasped her hands together. I just chuckled at her squeal but my attention was still on the road.

“I’ll take a quick nap first. I’m very sleepy since I came out from the hospital.”She yawned and rubbed her glassy eyes from tiredness. Her shoulder was slumped and she leaned on the back of the seat before she closed her eyes shut.

“Whoa…”I saw her mouth gaped as her eyes traveled up to see our house… I mean our mansion. We were in front of the front door and she was beside me grasping my arm. 

“You didn’t tell me that it is a mansion.”She frowned at me and gave me small pout.

“Surprise!”I said and gave her a wide grin. She just chuckled and pinched my arm playfully.

I tugged her hand on my arm and brought her into my house. Our presence was welcomed by two maids around 30 or something who opened the door for us. They bowed their heads to us and greeted ‘Welcome, sir’ to me. I took a glance at my queen and she was startled at both of the maids.

“What’s wrong, my queen?”

“Is that really necessary?”She asked with a frown on her forehead as her hazel eyes snapped towards mine.

“It’s basic.”I replied while shrugging. She gasped and looked at me in disbelief.

“You shouldn’t do that to them. You are no king.”She scolded me as if the greeting was very bad.

“I am. And you’re my queen.”I said and she pouted at me in disapproval. I took the chance to peck her pouty lips and she glared at me warning me to not to do it again. 

“So, what are we going to do in this huge house?”She asked as her eyes wandered around admiring the beautiful well-designed house. I brought her around in the house showing her my house. Soon, it will be ours.

“Why did you buy this mansion? You have another one, right? It’s a waste of money.”My queen asked as we walked at the backyard. 

The backyard was amazingly beautiful as the grasses were cut short perfectly and the bushes were trimmed in perfect round shaped. The nearby lake was my favorite spot. It has a white floating gazebo at the center on the lake and wooden bridge connected with the gazebo.  It was made 3 months ago for my queen. I was supposed to have a dinner with her on her birthday night but she was in coma instead and all it was because of that shit. 

But now she was here. 

“That’s my parents’ and this is mine and there’s no such thing as ‘a waste of money’ in my vocabulary. Come, I want to show you something.”I said softly as I took the lead in our walk and dragged her to the lake. She giggled as she looked at me weirdly.

“Where are we going?”She asked still giggling. 

“Just follow me.”

“I can’t run. I’m wearing heels.”She whined as she stopped and looked down on her feet.