Battle on the Great Naruto Bridge!

Haku is picking medicinal herbs in the forest when he encounters a sleeping Naruto, who is exhausted from training. He wakes Naruto, who loudly proclaims that he is training to become stronger (believing Haku to be a girl, and subsequently trying to impress "her"). Haku tells Naruto that only when a person has someone precious to protect does that person become truly strong. Naruto considers this statement and enthusiastically agrees. At Tazuna's house, Sakura and Tsunami are concerned about Naruto spending the previous night in the dark by himself, but Kakashi tells them not to worry. Sasuke abruptly leaves, saying he's going for a morning walk. Back in the forest, Haku leaves (after revealing his true gender to a shocked Naruto), and Sasuke shows up to check on Naruto and scolds him for missing breakfast. The two boys continue their Tree Climbing Practice into the evening, until they finally make it to the top of their respective trees.

Naruto and Sasuke return triumphantly to Tazuna's home, with Naruto cheerful, yet completely drained from the effort. Inari is disturbed at the sight of Naruto, who has exhausted himself for what Inari thinks is a futile struggle against Gatō and his men. He thinks of Kaiza and tearfully tells Naruto that he only thinks he can win because he has not suffered as Inari has. Naruto tells Inari that he is a coward and leaves the table. Later that night, Kakashi tells a despondent Inari that Naruto didn't mean to hurt him. Kakashi continues to explain that Naruto is an orphan who has suffered more than Inari knows and understands Inari's pain better than anyone.The next day, Team 7 escort Tazuna to the bridge, but leave Naruto sleeping to recover from his excessive use of chakra. Once at the work site, the team is confronted by Zabuza, who has returned for round 2.

"Oh crap.." I say as Zabuza and Haku appear before us...

Two of Gatō's thugs arrive at Tazuna's house to kidnap Tsunami for leverage against Tazuna. Inari faces his fear and attempts to stop them, giving Naruto the opportunity to defeat them. Before leaving to join the others at the bridge, Naruto apologises to Inari for calling him a coward and acknowledges his bravery.

Meanwhile, Sasuke, Me and Haku fight, and Sasuke's new-found speed gives him an advantage. To counter this, Haku tries to trap Sasuke in his Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals.

Wind Release: Wind Torpedo!

I say as I take a large amount of wind into their lungs, proceeds to expel it in a single blow. I make the wind forms a torpedo that is near-invisible, and launches towards Haku. Upon contact, it explodes with a shocking amount of force. Stopping the Demonic Miroring Ice Crystals and stopping Sasuke from getting violently cut by Haku's needles. Haku grabs a Shuriken and throws it at me, I ducked it as it was then now aiming for Sakura, another one was thrown right into that Shuriken who was thrown by Naruto, who arrives just in time.

Naruto finally joins the battle on the bridge. Now, Sasuke is having a hard time fighting Haku and is now trapped in Haku's Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals. Kakashi is unable to help them, as he is dealing with Zabuza while protecting Sakura and Tazuna. He orders Sasuke to continue attacking the mirrors from within while Naruto attacks from outside. Naruto is oblivious to Haku's jutsu and enters the cage of ice mirrors. Sasuke tells Naruto that he is a complete loser and that now they are both trapped. After a little arguing, both agree to work together. Haku reveals that he doesn't like to kill his enemies but will do so if he must.

Kakashi reveals his Sharingan to Zabuza once again, but Zabuza claims he won't be fooled by the same jutsu twice. He explains that Haku observed Kakashi's Sharingan and discovered a way to counter it. Zabuza says that Haku's jutsu even surpasses his own. Inside the Demonic Mirroring Ice Crystals, Naruto and Sasuke struggle against Haku's superior speed. After watching Haku counter Naruto's shadow clones, Sasuke begins to see Haku's movements. He uses Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique and manages to hit Haku, but Haku says his ice is stronger than Sasuke's fire.