"You're my friend!" Naruto vs. Sasuke!

After witnessing the horror of Sasuke striking me down with a Chidori, Naruto asks Sasuke if he is willing to turn his back on all of his friends in Konoha for the simple matter of getting stronger. Sasuke says yes and starts to walk away, enraging Naruto. Determined to bring Sasuke back to his senses and to Konoha, Naruto grabs hold of him and gives him an echoing punch. Sasuke, who appears to feel no pain at all from this, spits blood on Naruto's face, and Naruto resolves to bring him back to Konoha by force if he had to. Then Sasuke grabs Naruto by his shirt, raises him up and easily punches Naruto several metres backwards with the power of his Cursed Seal, inflicting several times more pain than his own attack. Naruto attacks Sasuke but is quickly kicked back into the water, and gets one of his weapon bags stolen. He creates some shadow clones, which are easily defeated by Sasuke. Naruto tries throwing shuriken from a distance, but is no match for Sasuke's superior skill with the tools. Using the wire strings from Naruto's bag, Sasuke traps him tied up to a rock skillfully and ignites the wire with flames, scorching Naruto with a burst of fire. Naruto rises from the flames unharmed, and hits Sasuke's face, but to Naruto's surprise, he acts unharmed, intimidating him. Naruto lands several blows on Sasuke's face, but even as his blood falls to the ground, he remains the same. Sasuke laughs and tells Naruto that he's not even using his Sharingan. Angered, Naruto attacks again but is blocked and pushed off of the top of the statue. Both falling off, Sasuke ruthlessly beats Naruto to the ground easily where he stays down and tosses the bag of ninja-tools to where Naruto lies. Sasuke and Naruto resume their battle, with Sasuke stating that Naruto is his closest friend and that he must kill Naruto to achieve the power needed to kill Itachi.

Kakashi learns of Sasuke's defection and immediately goes after him after trying to reassure Sakura with Kakashi also summoning his ninja dogs for assistance. Meanwhile, believing Naruto to be his closest friend, Sasuke prepares to kill him, finding the loss of Naruto to be an acceptable price for the Mangekyō Sharingan. Naruto's Rasengan and Sasuke's Chidori clash, though neither is capable of overpowering the other, and they both are sent back flying. Naruto begins to cry for his friend silently, then Sasuke states that if two ninja are of a high enough level, they can read each others by exchanging blows and asks Naruto if he can read his mind. Activating his cursed seal in order to gain the upperhand, Sasuke uses Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique and distracts him. Sasuke beats Naruto, who would appear to be putting next to no effort at all in defending himself. He has brief flashbacks about how he was happy to meet him and how they became rivals and wonders if they ever truly had a bond. Sasuke uses his Chidori to attempt piercing through Naruto's heart, but it is deflected and it goes clean through Naruto's right lung instead. While Sasuke thinks the battle to be won, the Nine-Tails' chakra begins to envelop Naruto and the wound Sasuke inflicted starts to heal. When Sasuke asks what he is, Naruto tells him that he's his friend. Infused with the fox's strength, Naruto states that he's not willing to let Sasuke leave and that he will break every bone in Sasuke's body to bring Sasuke back to the village. With that, Naruto attacks. 

With his enhanced abilities, Naruto was able to easily overwhelm Sasuke all the while trying to reason with him, only to have Sasuke ultimately reject his efforts. Despite this, Sasuke finally admitted they were fighting as equals. In this moment, Sasuke's Sharingan finally matured, enabling him to predict Naruto's movements and once again turn the tables. Upset by Naruto's persistence, Sasuke knocked him unconscious with Peregrine Falcon Drop. The Nine-Tails, probably to save itself, gave Naruto even more of its chakra, creating, for the first time, Naruto's one-tailed transformation, complete with the demon fox cloak that surrounds him. With one arm of the cloak, Naruto unleashed powerful short and long-range attacks, which Sasuke, even with his Sharingan, was unable to keep up with.

Feeling he had no choice, Sasuke increased his Cursed Seal of Heaven to Level Two, once again evening the playing field. Both Sasuke and Naruto realised the cost of their respective abilities at that point, but both decided that they had no other choice. Sasuke revealed that the location of their fight was the Valley of the End, and, determined to end the battle, forced the use of a third Chidori. Naruto created, using one hand, and the demon fox cloak's chakra as a shell, the Demon Fox Rasengan. Sasuke's Chidori, after a moment, warped into the Flapping Chidori. 

"NARUTOOOO!!!!"

"SASUKEEEEE!!!!"

The two ninja collided their attacks; Sasuke, planning to punch Naruto in the heart, deliberately missed, and targeted the gut instead, while Naruto, referring to one of Sasuke's insults, scratched his forehead protector. A black dome of energy formed around them, which eventually dissipated, revealing the two ninja as their current forms, and then as their younger selves, who held hands and smiled at each other. When the dust settled, Sasuke was revealed to be victorious.

Sasuke pondered whether or not to kill an unconscious Naruto, but decided to leave him alive in the end. Kakashi and Pakkun arrived; disappointed they were too late, seeing both Me and Naruto on the ground...Kakashi took Me and Naruto back to Konoha. At the same time, Sasuke decided to gain the power to kill Itachi his own way, through Orochimaru, as he walked off to Otogakure. It was then revealed that Akatsuki member, Zetsu, had been watching the fight the whole time.

The retrieval team was brought back to Konoha where, despite the severity of their injuries, all managed to fully recover. When Me and Naruto came to, we've apologized to Sakura for not managing to keep the promise and failing to bring Sasuke back. Sakura didn't mind and still thanked the both of us for wanting to fulfil our promise to her in the future. Afterward, Jiraiya offered Naruto a chance to leave with him for three years to train. Naruto accepted, and Jiraiya told him they would leave whenever he was ready. I couldn't go because I was too injured by Sasuke's chidori.  Elsewhere, Sasuke arrived at Orochimaru's lair, where he soon proved himself worthy of Orochimaru's guidance. Meanwhile, The Akatsuki assembled, ready to start their mission three years from then.

At night, Ino having second thoughts of Sasuke being as a lover. She visits me in the hospital and gives me a smile. I also give her a smile, I look at Ino and grabs something out of my pocket, I knew how much she liked flowers and I gave her a rose, sure It was cheap. But It recognizes me of her beauty. Ino blushes and sits in a chair, keeping me company for the rest of the night....

With Naruto's display of stubborn resistance towards Seimei, Gaara manages to prevent Shukaku from fully emerging and kills Seimei with his Sand Waterfall Imperial Funeral. Everyone returns to Konoha, where Ino makes a request to also become Tsunade's student. Tenten is enraged by the fact that she was left out of the mission. As Naruto prepares to leave for his two-and-a-half years of training with Jiraiya (who had returned with information about the Akatsuki's plans), the others discuss the future and resolve to train harder so as to keep up with Naruto. Hinata watches him head off with Jiraiya.