The Sasuke Recovery Mission Begins! Part 1.

When Sakura wakes up, I find her lying on the bench. She tells me about Sasuke's defection, then I inform Tsunade. Tsunade orders me to summon Shikamaru, a newly promoted Chūnin (Just like me). Unable to send higher ranking ninja after Sasuke, Tsunade orders Shikamaru to assemble a team of genin under his lead to go after Sasuke. He first recruits Naruto (under the recommendation of Tsunade), and then later Chōji and Kiba. After rounding them up, he invites Neji Hyūga and Rock Lee who they find talking together. Neji joins, while Rock Lee chooses to stay behind to recover from the surgery. After rounding up all the genin he could find, Shikamaru quickly devises the optimal formation for the group. I also join in for the hunt of Sasuke, as somewhat of a clan member, I want Sasuke to find true happiness. Before we all leave, Sakura interrupts and pleads Naruto to make sure to bring Sasuke back. Naruto promises to do so, and the group sets out. Meanwhile, after well passing the Konoha borders, Sakon along with the rest of the Sound Four tells Sasuke of an important task that Orochimaru had given them: "Sasuke must die just this once".

After being caught by Sakon and Ukon's Explosive Tags, Shikamaru decides to ask the Sound Four if they could simply talk it out rather than fighting; however, this is a ruse so that Naruto, Kiba, Akamaru, Chōji and I could attack. Kidōmaru manages to ensnare all of them using his spider webs before they can launch a counterattack. Kiba drops a Smoke Bomb, despite Kidōmaru stating that it was futile since they were all trapped in his webs. Shikamaru, however, manages to trap them with his Shadow Imitation Technique, explaining that he had attempted to get caught just so that he could have trapped them. Sakon manages to free the Sound Four out of Shikamaru's shadow, and Jirōbō immediately traps us with his Earth Release Barrier: Earth Prison Dome of Magnificent Nothingness. I suddenly grab my sword and use my Lightning Chakra nature to be surrounded by Lightning. 

"Lightning Blade: Shadow Cut!"  The Barrier breaks in half and now we're all free! Once freed, Chōji volunteers to stay behind and deal with Jirōbō to give the rest of the team a chance to catch up to the other Sound Four members. As the team goes on, Chōji eats the first of the Akimichi's Three Coloured Pills, increasing his strength. Doing so proves enough to overpower Jirōbō, forcing him to advance his cursed seal to its first level. With Jirōbō now having the upperhand, Chōji takes the second Akimichi pill. In the end, he had to consume the red pepper pill, which increased his chakra a hundredfold but left him in an extremely critical condition, usually resulting in death. Taking the pill slimmed down his body, as the excess calories were converted into butterfly wings of chakra. After getting his revenge on Jirōbō for eating the last chip and for calling him fat, Chōji put all his chakra and power into his fist, and killed Jirōbō for insulting his best friend, Shikamaru.

When the retrieval team catches up with the Sound Four, they are quickly caught in Kidōmaru's spider webs. As Kidōmaru is about to finish off Naruto, Neji frees himself from the webbing and saves the rest of his team. Deciding to deal with Kidōmaru himself, as his Gentle Fist techniques are the only able to sever Kidōmaru's spider webs, Neji instructs the others to go on without him, and begins to fight his own opponent. 

Kidōmaru had trouble at short-range, since Neji's Byakugan and Gentle Fist were too powerful to penetrate. Kidōmaru ended up fighting from long-range, but the battle was locked in a stalemate, until Kidōmaru discovered a weakness of the Byakugan: it has a blind spot behind Neji's first thoracic vertebrae. Knowing that he would be hit in this area, Neji intentionally allowed Kidōmaru hit him with a powerful arrow, to which Kidōmaru had affixed a chakra string to ensure accuracy. 

After a series of battle exchanges, Kidōmaru has Neji pinned to a tree with his webs. He recalls what he had heard from Orochimaru about the Gentle Fist and how Neji manages to cut his threads. Kidōmaru then readies another blow with Sticky Spider Thread technique, but before it can hit its target, Neji succeeds in escaping from his trap. He explains to his opponent that chakra points were not only located to his hands, but all over his body as well. Although Kidōmaru soon believes himself to have the advantage, Neji readies his Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms to prove him wrong.

Neji is able to repel them all, with both his Eight Trigrams Sixty-Four Palms and the advanced Eight Trigrams One Hundred Twenty-Eight Palms, although Kidōmaru notices a delayed reaction in some of Neji's blocks. He theorises that Neji's defences have a blind spot, and continues to attack him from this blind spot. His theory is proven correct when Neji is unable to block the attack. Believing himself to have found Neji's weakness, Kidōmaru throws multiple projectile weapons at Neji, stabbing him in the back. Despite this, Neji is able to stand up. Kidōmaru, prepared to finish Neji once and for all, enters into the second state of his cursed seal and fashions himself a bow and arrow, in an attempt to strike at Neji's blind spot once more.

Kidōmaru prepared his most deadly arrow for use, and fired it at Neji. Neji took the arrow at full force, although already knowing of his blind spot, moved at the last second to keep the arrow from piercing his heart. With Kidōmaru's arrow connected to him by a web thread, Neji sent his chakra into the thread, paralysing Kidōmaru.

Neji then caught up with Kidōmaru, and used his 8 Trigrams to close Kidōmaru's tenketsu (chakra points); Kidōmaru died shortly after. Neji was left in a critical state after the fight.