A New Chapter Begins: The Chunin Exam!

After completing their mission in the Land of Waves, Team 7 returns to Konohagakure. Although Sasuke saved Naruto's life their teamwork seems to have got even worse than before with Naruto intent on beating Sasuke causing him to mess up on subsequent missions. Kakashi decides that our teamwork is too off that day and sends us all home. Before leaving Sasuke tells Naruto in a matter-of-fact manner to simply get stronger than him before telling Sakura who had suggested that the two work of their own teamwork skills, that she was worse than Naruto. I looks over at Naruto and Sakura, then shrug...But Sasuke was right for one thing, we all have to work together as a team.

Konohamaru and his two friends: Udon and Moegi would later stalk Naruto. As antics ensue, Konohamaru accidentally bumps into a foreign ninja who he then insults causing the latter to threaten to kill him. Naruto attempts to attack the newcomer but is tripped by his invisible attack. Just as the mysterious ninja is about to hit Konohamaru, Sasuke saves the day by forcing the ninja to drop Konohamaru. Just as the mysterious ninja is about to attack Sasuke, another one, appears telling the latter to stop playing around. Meanwhile, all the jōnin are gathered along with the Third Hokage. He announces that the chūnin exams will take place in seven days on July 1st.

As the Three Sand Siblings are introduced, Gaara scolds Kankurō for his abuse of the kids. Gaara then apologizes to Sasuke for Kankurō's behaviour. The three are ninja from Sunagakure and they come here in Konoha for the Chūnin Exams. The Third Hokage asks Kakashi, Asuma and Kurenai to step forward and recommend any Genin they believe to be fit to take the Chūnin Exams. Iruka thinks that the rookies need more time, and that there is no way that any of them will be recommended. However, all three jōnin recommend their students which shocks Iruka greatly. Iruka challenges their decision, as he believes Naruto and the others are not ready for the exam. They however stand by their decision and the Hokage agrees, but only after Kakashi reminds Iruka they are no longer his students, but ninja under his command. The next morning Kakashi gives Team 7 the application forms for the Chūnin Exams. 

Sasuke, Naruto and I accept, but Sakura is uncertain. Later, all four of us (Team 7) are attacked by a mysterious ninja from a different village. Moegi is captured by a mysterious ninja, and is seen tied up and gagged with a cloth. Naruto eventually saves her, but the mysterious ninja escapes. Sakura is taken in by his genjutsu but quickly figures it out. Despite this she is still uncertain about the exam. I jump in and easily defeat the ninja, telling him to stay out of Konohagakure. The ninja is revealed to be Iruka in disguise. He reports back to Kakashi, confirming they all passed his test. Inside the school registration for the exam is taking place, but two shinobi bar the way warning all the genin about the exam. An altercation nearly takes place but Rock Lee steps in and diffuses the situation, which surprises Sasuke. Rock Lee later goes after Sasuke and challenges him to a duel.

Sasuke has attracted the attention of Rock Lee, who challenges him to a fight. Lee is not only interested in seeing how his skills match up against a descendant of the Uchiha clan, but he also has a crush on Sakura, much to her dismay. Feeling neglected in his teammates' shadows, Naruto offers to fight in Sasuke's place. Without wasting time, he charges, but is easily knocked out by Lee. Lee explains that they cannot beat him because he is the strongest of the Konohagakure genin right now. Now interested, Sasuke accepts his challenge. Sasuke attacks and is met by Lee's Leaf Whirlwind and gets knocked backwards. As he gets back up, he prepares to use his Sharingan to figure out Lee's technique. He again charges Lee, but again, Lee is able to hit him. Lee explains that his moves are neither ninjutsu or genjutsu, but mere taijutsu, also known as martial arts. With hand-to-hand fighting, Sasuke's Sharingan isn't helpful because even if he can see the techniques, his body cannot move fast enough to react. 

"I see, now the Uchiha name is nothing more than a joke! You disappoint me Sasuke." Now, both Naruto and Sasuke have been knocked down, Is it my turn next...?  I step forward to Lee, wanting to show my strength. 

"You're not the only good Taijustu user in town Lee...Let's do it!"

"..Hm, Let's see."

We both dash to each other and give blow for blow, we were quite equal when it came to speed and Taijustu alone. We both connected our punches and kicks. Lee tried to use his leaf hurricane to finish me off, but I grabbed hold on his leg and throw him across the room, his back hitting a solid wall. Lee was shortly defeated, getting up...He quickly bows and gives a very impressed look. "Other than Sasuke, I've not seen any other ninja that was so powerful in Taijustu...Can I ask your name!?"

"Me? Oh, I'm the only that will carry out the Hokage name someday! My name Is, Jin Kensaku. I hope you don't forget it!" I say smiling at Lee, I was glad I didn't reveal my Sharingan as well.  "I see, "Jin Kensaku." I will surely remember that name..Thank you for battling me!" And then...Poof! A large turtle appears after the fight was over.

The turtle seemingly reprimands Lee for trying to  use his forbidden technique, leaving Naruto to think the turtle is Lee's sensei. Might Guy (Lee's actual sensei) appears on top of the turtle and punches Lee hard in the face as punishment. Guy proceeds to hug Lee, and the two cry. Team 7 Is dumbstruck, and Sasuke can't believe he was beaten by what he perceives as a freak and somehow...I defeated this freak. Guy asks us how his eternal rival, Kakashi, is doing. He's ahead in the match record, which stands at 50 wins and 49 losses. Guy also says that he is much faster and stronger than Kakashi.

When Guy leaves, Lee confesses that he is not the strongest genin - Neji Hyūga, Lee's teammate is. Naruto needles Sasuke, saying that Lee obviously trains harder than Sasuke. In the end, the team focuses their attention on the Chūnin Exams.

"Well....The Chunin Exams, we're on our way!"