Invasion! The Konoha Crush Begins!

With the invasion's start, Orochimaru takes the Third Hokage hostage as the Sound Four create a barrier to allow them to fight without interruption. One of the Anbu chasing after them touches the barrier and dies. Meanwhile, Sunagakure shinobi summon the snake and it breaks through the wall. Then invading Otogakure and Suna ninja infiltrate Konoha, and battles begin breaking out across the village. Kankurō and Temari carry Gaara from the village so that he can recover. Sasuke pursues them, eager to finish their battle. I wake up scratching my head, seeing Sasuke going after Garra alone, I get up quickly and follow him. Preoccupied with fending off the invading forces, Kakashi instructs Sakura, who had managed to repel the sleeping-inducing genjutsu, to wake Naruto and Shikamaru. He tells her that they are getting a mission after a long time and that it will be an A-ranked mission. 

After Sakura awakened Naruto and discovered that Shikamaru had dispelled the genjutsu as well but was just faking sleep to avoid any conflict, Kakashi instructs them to track down Sasuke and stop him. Then after they have done that, they should wait and hide in a safe place and wait for further orders. Meanwhile, Orochimaru begins his battle with his former sensei, The Third Hokage. They both display powerful techniques in what the observing Anbu describes as a "Kage-level battle". Early in the battle, Orochimaru summons the First Hokage and Second Hokage from the dead to fight the Third. The risen Hokage apologize to their former student as Orochimaru prepares them for combat. The Second Hokage says that it is the forbidden technique Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation.

Pakkun, Naruto, Sakura and Shikamaru are in the forest, attempting to catch up to Sasuke as per Kakashi's orders. Pakkun notices that there are nine Oto-nin following them and I was also chasing after Sasuke. To distract the opponent, Pakkun tells them to step on their footprints and jump into the trees to buy them some time. Knowing an ambush is necessary, Shikamaru volunteers to be the decoy, since his Shadow Imitation Technique is designed to restrain people, while Naruto, Sakura and Pakkun continue their mission. Shikamaru's technique succeeds in stopping eight Oto-nin following them, but Shikamaru quickly remembers Pakkun telling him that there were nine. Realising that the ninth one purposely stayed behind the others in order to prevent a complete ambush, and that his chakra is still limited from his fight with Temari, Shikamaru contemplates on his life and seems to accept his upcoming death. However, Asuma arrives to defeat all the enemies without even breaking a sweat, saving Shikamaru. Temari, Kankurō, and Gaara are in the forest as well, with Temari noticing that there are more people pursuing them. Meanwhile, the fight between the Third Hokage and the reincarnated First and Second Hokage, controlled by Orochimaru, is about to begin.

The Hokage battle begins, and all three Hokage exchange varying elemental attacks. To help him in the uneven fight, the Third Hokage summons Monkey King: Enma and has him transform into a staff. In response, Orochimaru brings out his Kusanagi sword. The Third is repelled by the First Hokage and Second Hokage, and he discovers that they cannot be damaged in their present state. Orochimaru then peels his face off and reveals the face of a girl, shocking the Third Hokage, who expresses surprise that Orochimaru had mastered another forbidden technique. Meanwhile Sasuke finally manages to catch up to the Three Sand Siblings.

Sasuke and I finally manage to catch up to Gaara and, but Temari stalls him so that Kankurō and Gaara can escape. 

"Sasuke, come on, let's return. We shouldn't deal with Garra alone!"

"Shut up! This doesn't concern you, Jin!"

Sasuke easily deals with her and resumes his chase. At the Hokage battle, Orochimaru shows the Third Hokage the fruits of his quest to gain immortality. Peeling away his face, Orochimaru reveals the face of a girl whose body he has taken; Orochimaru's key to living forever is to take the bodies of others to extend his lifespan, and he reveals his intentions of stealing the body of Sasuke Uchiha to use as his new body. The Third Hokage regrets not killing Orochimaru years before when he had the chance. Finally ready to take down Orochimaru, the Third Hokage musters up his chakra and summons shadow clones and uses the remaining chakra to perform the Fourth Hokage's forbidden jutsu - the Dead Demon Consuming Seal. Despite the Second Hokage using a genjutsu that causes complete darkness, the Third Hokage manages to hold on. Orochimaru claims that he will destroy Konoha just as he will destroy the Third Hokage. The Third states that the Hokage that succeed him will continue to be the pillar of Konoha and protect the village; he then remembers the past and current inhabitants of Konoha that he fights to protect. With that, the Third rushes forwards to begin his attack.

As the battles across Konoha rage on, the Third Hokage's shadow clones use the Dead Demon Consuming Seal to seal away the souls of the First Hokage and Second Hokage. The Third is outraged when he realizes that the bodies sacrifices to reanimate the First and Second were none other than Orochimaru's students, Zaku Abumi and Kin Tsuchi. The Third then rushes at Orochimaru, ready to seal away his soul as well, though he is stopped as Orochimaru's Kusanagi stabs him in the back, which Enma fails to prevent. As Orochimaru wonders why the Third did not move out of the way, the Third reveals that the Dead Demon Consuming Seal is a self-sacrificial technique and that he would have died anyway. Meanwhile, Sasuke and I again catches up with Gaara, and Kankurō prepares to hold me and Sasuke off while Gaara escapes with Temari. Before we could begin, Shino Aburame arrives to fight Kankurō, telling us that he has unfinished business with Kankurō since their match never happened, thus allowing me and Sasuke to proceed pursuing Gaara.

Leaving Shino to deal with Kankurō, Sasuke and I continue our pursuit of Gaara (even though I keep trying to stop Sasuke from getting hurt or killed). Kankurō attacks Shino with his puppet, using its many hidden weapons to catch Shino by surprise. Shino is able to dodge the attacks through the use of his bugs, though he eventually makes the mistake of inhaling poison by the puppet's poison gas bomb. 

As the battle goes on, Shino directs his bugs to Kankurō's location. They consume his chakra once they get there, causing Kankurō to collapse. The battle won, Shino also collapses due to the poison in his system. Gaara awakens as we (Me and Sasuke) catch up to them, and Gaara sends Temari flying. Gaara claims that while he and Sasuke are alike, he must kill both of us in order to prove his own existence, adding that Sasuke is his prey. Gaara then enters his initial jinchūriki form to overwhelm Sasuke first, terrifying Temari....