Determination for Survival!

While falling to our death, Naruto and I manage to summon Gamabunta. Angry that two children summoned him, Gamabunta starts asking where Jiraiya was. In order for Gamabunta to accept Naruto and I as his underlings, he told us that we must stay on his back the whole day without falling off. Meanwhile in Konoha, Temari argues with Baki over breaking the treaty alliance between Konoha and Sunagakure. 

Later in Suna, Baki reports to the Fourth Kazekage that everything was going according to plan. Gamabunta still tries to shake us off as Jiraiya is doing "research" for his novel by spying on a group of girls. In an attempt to shake us off, Gamabunta lands in a waterfall, scaring off the girls, much to Jiraiya's dismay. This then caused me and Naruto to fall off the toad's back, but in an effort to stay on the toad's back, we makes a chain of shadow clones to not let us fall off. Tired out, Naruto and I finally falls off the Chief Toad's back. As a reward for lasting so long, Gamabunta catches us with his tongue and claimed that no one since the Fourth Hokage had stayed on his back for so long. Knowing that we're depleted of our strength, Gamabunta drops us off at the Konoha Hospital.

Baki tells Kankurō and Temari that they are supposed to watch over their brother Gaara. Kankurō and Temari go to Gaara's room and are surprised to find him missing. Naruto and I wake up and learn that we've has been asleep for three days, and the Chūnin Exams finals are the next day. Shikamaru gives Naruto a fruit basket originally intended for Chōji, who has been hospitalised for indigestion, having eaten too much. Ino gives me a special flower that heals wounds, she blushes and hopes I accepted the gift...I did. Sakura goes to Lee's room and replaces the flower she originally had. As Chōji complains of his hunger, Ino gives Choji a fruit basket. Gaara enters Lee's room and attempts to kill him while he is unconscious, but Me, Naruto and Shikamaru immediately stop him. Incapacitated by Shikamaru's Shadow Imitation Technique, Gaara divulges a little bit about his past, revealing that he has a sand demon named Shukaku sealed within him from birth. Naruto sympathises, as he also has a demon within him. Gaara attempts to kill the two of them, but Might Guy steps in and demands Gaara to leave at once. Gaara has no choice but to do so, but before doing it, he promises that he'll kill them all.

Naruto goes to the entrance of the stadium where there's a banner announcing that the Chūnin Exams will be the next day. He eats at the Ramen Ichiraku, where Teuchi and Ayame gave him a big bowl of ramen on the house, since his match will be tomorrow. I also enter Ichiraku and they gave me a bowl of ramen on the house. Me and Naruto raced to see who would finish the bowl first. Ayame laughs nervously but happy, knowing that we would never change when it came to ramen.

 The previous Ino–Shika–Chō eat at a restaurant, with Inoichi being teased about the fact that he has a daughter. Chōza places an additional order, and then Shikamaru appears, telling his father they need to go home. Temari and Kankurō are preparing their weapons, while Gaara is sitting on the rooftop. Neji and Tenten are shown to be practising, as well as Shino. The next day, Naruto meets Hinata where Team 7 had their bell test. 

Hinata concludes that he may defeat Neji, adding that Naruto's words of encouragement during her match with Neji made her a better person. This prompts Naruto to say that he likes people like Hinata and invites her to watch his fight against Neji. Hearing fireworks, he rushes to the stadium so he could make it in time. On his way, he sees Konohamaru who tells Naruto that he knows the shortcut to the stadium, but Konohamaru just brings him to the other side of the village. He then tells Naruto to ride the daimyō's bulls to the stadium; Naruto kicks the bull, causing a stampede. Despite the trouble, Naruto finally arrives to the stadium, just in time for his match.