Chapter 4: Luna

(Ch. 4 Excerpt from edited story posted on Tapas)

 4 Excerpt from edited story posted on Tapas)

»»——⍟——««

Erica felt like she was in a perpetual bad mood for the past 3 days. She took her siblings' warning to heart but felt so unsatisfied. As she was about to turn a corner in school to go to the library to find Luna, she heard 2 familiar voices.

"What exactly is that cream you gave to Rina? It worked wonders! There's not even a mark left on her arm!"

"I have my resources."

"Can't you at least give me a lead?"

"Why should I make things easy for you?"

"Heartless."

Victor continued whining and bothering Lucas to no avail. Lucas would not budge. He wanted Victor to grow and become more able to protect Rina since Rina chose him. Erica now realised by herself that Lucas was far more capable than she thought. She could not help but wonder if her ploy last time would have dragged down her whole family while leaving Rina unscathed. 

"By the way, are the families' ruin your doing?" Lucas must have nodded because Victor followed up with another question. "Why?" 

"They were the ones responsible for Rina's state the last time."

"What? It wasn't just one girl?"

"It's not even the girl you're thinking of."

"What? Ugh... Anyway I still don't like her. She called Rina useless. How dare she intimidate and slander my cute little Rina."

Erica eyes bulged in anger. Her mind was made up in this moment. She would get her revenge. However, she needed to think of a way that was impossible to trace back to herself.

Erica decided to use the power of gossip to bring the couple down. Things can turn very ugly with just a little manipulation and with enough material given to talk about. She would not even have to do much. Feeling pleased with herself, Erica started sourcing out information on the couple and their individual lives. She hired private investigators and did a lot of research. The more she found out about Rina, the more she found herself hating how fortunate Rina was. It was as if she was heaven's daughter. Everything fell into her lap and she does not even need to try as hard to attain things people fight tooth and nail for. She took some photos and doctored them to be used together with real ones. The fearful thing about human's memory was that it isn't perfect. One can suggest that something happened and the involved party can end up believing it, especially with the help of a photograph. It was about 2 months later before she was satisfied with everything she had, she was now left with the dissemination. She started off with Victor because she wanted him to admit how useless Rina was. She leaked information around the campus by asking people if they have heard of a certain news. She contacted the school's media anonymously and sent them the pictures and some letters. She manipulated a few events so that people would spot Victor wherever she wanted him to be spotted at. Then she sat back to enjoy the show.