World 1.4: Chen Xinyi

Xinyi was trying to modify the plants growing in this world. If I manifest my spiritual power into the soil to enhance it, would it raise the nutritional value of the herbs? What about manifesting my power directly into the plant while it is growing? Would there be a difference?

Her mind was reeling with possibilities. Her thoughts were running so fast that BaoBao's eyes became swirls when he tried to keep up with her thoughts. Is this what happens whenever she gets an inspiration? He complained after cutting off the connection between their thoughts for a break.

Xinyi re-planned her day's schedule to fit in time for experimentation. She put the time she would use to infuse her power into the plant and soil together with the time she would use for spiritual cultivation. With so many things she had to practice at once, coupled with eating more meals than before, she had to tactically prioritize certain tasks. 

This was different from studying numerous topics in her previous life. These were more time consuming. Also, she never had to cook her own meals. Although she was happy to fill her previously always hungry stomach with 3 meals a day instead of getting by with one meal, she lamented the loss of time. This spurred on her hopes for the success of her experimentation. If it was successful, eating would also help in cultivation. She also needed to quickly raise her competency in cultivating such that she would be able to cultivate regardless of what she was doing. This was how she arrived at the decision to practice martial arts the least as compared to all her other skills. 

Another month passed by like that. Only one thing out of the ordinary happened. Zi Yao had started coming by for lunch for the past week. It was as if Xinyi was suddenly remembered and taken under her wing. When she first appeared, BaoBao had yelled out an alert. Oh! Be careful! This is a crucial event that played a part in the original soul's fate! Xinyi was slightly jarred at his sudden and loud exclamation.

Ziyao always held small talk and began to generously teach her literature, music, and art after finding out that Xinyi had stopped being tutored since the age of 13. Lunch was always sumptuous. This mistress of the house is really well looked after. Xinyi thought as she ate freely. Since it's given, I might as well just take it. Otherwise, it'd be a waste. 

She was not afraid of being poisoned because she believed in her newfound knowledge of poisons and antidotes. She could even use her knowledge to kill people if she wanted to. She only continued cooking for herself because she was keeping up the diet tailored for her body's state and constitution. 

After a week of bonding, Zi Yao finally broached the topic that Xinyi has long been waiting for her to broach. She lamented about how evil and haughty Hui Shan is as a person and how she is made a victim of Hui Shan's bullying. 

Zi Yao played the perfect white lotus image, lightly dabbing the corners of her doe-like eyes with her pale pink silk handkerchief. When she saw the blank look on Xinyi's face, she was instantly displeased about not getting the reaction that she had expected, however she was mindful about not letting it show on her face. 

"Don't you feel aggrieved?" Zi Yao probed.

"... For you, I guess." Xinyi pretended to admit softly. 

"If only something can be done about it." Zi Yao then waited for Xinyi to jump at the chance to help her get even. However, there was only silence again. "Do you have any ideas?"

"I don't know. I can't do anything. I'm just another lowly concubine's daughter." 

"Well, then, if I think of anything, can I rely on my dear jiejie to help me?" Zi Yao looked at her with puppy dog eyes.