World 5.2: Eva

Over the years, Eva found herself incredibly pampered beyond reason. Her parents fed her very well and never expected her to do anything. In fact, they dissuaded her from doing anything at all, saying that it is not needed. 

She could not understand why she was worth all the pampering, especially since she could not add much value to her family's profession as compared to her sister. Nonetheless, she copied how her family trained their bodies which was by routine physical exercises and intentionally doing more of the heavy work in the estate. Since she had no privacy to herself in this life, she could not afford to practice her martial arts or personalise a training regime for herself. She also could not suddenly appear to know how to read or write when her family was completely uneducated. They were simply well trained in what they were supposed to do in the estate. As a result, the identity of a helpless little pampered girl stuck with her.

Her parents seemed to carry out an assassination around once every few months. 

When Briana turned 12, her parents decided to bring her out for scouting missions. This meant that they would have to leave 6-year-old Eva alone at home for a period of time, so they disclosed their second life to her while they were eating their dinner.

Eva, however, did not look surprised at the information and simply waited for them to give her any instructions they had. Her parents looked at each other with a baffled look, wondering if Eva understood what they meant.

This was when Briana explained, "Oh! She probably remembers from the time I told her about it while you were out at night! She was still only one or two years old at that time! She's really a bright child like you said, mother!"

Her parents beamed.

"You'll be the hope of our family!" Her father said.

"Perhaps she should learn to read and write?" Her mother wondered.

"What good would come of it?"

Her parents started discussing seriously what they could do with her smarts in front of her.

Eva could not help but feel her heart warm up and let a soft smile show on her face. The way they focused on developing her strength and loved her despite her weaknesses reminded her of her family. 

She began feeling that she was not that unlucky. Not counting the first world she transmigrated into, she has been getting a really nice family or at least a nice family member. Each time, it only added on to her unspoken desire to be back by her family's side.

Suddenly, BaoBao spoke as if to burst her bubble. Remember that this is the punishment world. No good comes out of anything in your life here.

Perhaps being a mute and weak girl while living in poverty, subservient to another, is the unfortunate life I'll live in this lifetime?

I don't think it's that simple... I've heard that punishment worlds are really harsh... Harsh enough for hosts to attempt suicide! Don't you remember what I told you before?

Everyone has a different tolerance. Perhaps this kind of living conditions could be a living hell for a host who is too used to riches and having an able body. But not for me.

You don't know what could happen... Don't let yourself get too attached to them... Are you sure you want me to call you by Eva in this world? Perhaps I should call you by-

Eva. I don't believe I can go back to my family. I don't know if I can. So at the very least, I wish to live as Eva and enjoy the time I have now with my current family.

What if your family turns out bad instead...?

They seem good enough, don't you think so, BaoBao? It's been 6 years and I'm still so loved. I'd worry more about if they would get taken away from me. I need to identify the plot of this world, or at least the plot that my family's involved in, as soon as possible.