(Edited) Ch. 3: Rina

Days passed with Erica trying to heed Luna's words and forget about Victor.

He's only the best in this school. Beyond it, he's just another fish in the sea. Erica repeatedly reminded herself every time she caught sight of him, which was considerably often.

However, her ill feelings towards Rina remained.

What made matters worse was that Erica felt as if she was being taunted everyday. Everywhere she went, there would be news or gossip about Rina. Whether it was about her kind act for the day, her beauty, her gentleness, or how she got saved yet again.

What's so good about a damsel in distress? Does she even try to solve any of the issues herself? Some of the problems were even created because she was kind to people who held ill intentions towards her. Erica was plugged with thoughts like these. She hated weak people who did nothing but cause trouble to the people around the most.

Her feelings were related to her family's upbringing. While the three siblings were put through the wringer to hone their talents, it was inculcated into them to never succeed by relying on others but their own ability. This way, they could hold their heads up high and be proud of who they are. Otherwise, they would be put at the mercy of many whom they were reliant on.

Eventually, the day came when Erica would come across Rina herself.

Rina was cornered by a group of girls and boys in a more remote part of the school. The group was obviously finding trouble with her.

It could only be said that it was fate that made their paths cross. Erica hardly passes by this area and only did so today because she was on an errand that was tasked to her by a teacher.

Watching the scene unfold before her, Erica decided to wait by the side and observe. She was willing to give Rina a chance to correct her judgement of her.

Erica hauled herself up onto a nearby tree effortlessly. Hiding among the leaves, she sat down comfortably on a large branch. A pity that I do not have any popcorn to eat.

**Disclaimer: Potentially triggering content. Bullying/Harassment involved.**

"How can there be someone as pure as you. I refuse to believe that such a person exists in this wretched world." The girl who spoke seemed to be the leader of the group. She was standing at the front of the group like an alpha in a pack.

"Today's the day when we will reveal your true face." She spat out.

The 2 boys stayed on the lookout while the girls tried different ways to taunt Rina into retaliating. They verbally abused her and handled her very roughly.

Erica could tell that they were careful in not leaving behind evidence so that they could profess their innocence even if Rina snitched on them later. They have pushed, shoved, slapped, and pulled Rina's hair but none had left a mark on her.

For the entire time, Rina shut her eyes tightly and pursed her lips. She tightly gripped onto her skirt and refused to raise a hand against them.

The girls gradually grew frustrated that she was not letting up. They called the boys to take over the bullying, while the girls became the lookout.

The boys sexually harassed Rina by putting their arms around her, stroking her face, and whispering in her ear the things that they would love to do to her. Seeing that she was not reacting to them, the boys became more daring in their actions. They reached for her inner thighs and approached her breasts.

Although put in such an intimidating situation, Rina still did not let out a peep nor try to fight back. Her face only became flushed with tears flowing down her face, and she trembled like a leaf.