World 1.12: Chen Xinyi

Zhang Yong was momentarily dazzled by her smile that revealed dimples he never knew she had. Her laugh was pleasing to his ears as well. He found himself wanting to hear it again. Just as he thought about that, she resumed her cold polite face to look at him. "Let's find out the results of the experiment now."

She pushed herself up and walked off to prepare their meal using the herbs from their experiment. Zhang Yong hoped that the day would come again when he would get to witness her smile and laugh. 

Both of them took a bite of the one Xinyi nourished. They felt the same effect as usual. It was cleansing for her while only rejuvenating for Zhang Yong. Next, they took a bite of the one Zhang Yong nourished and the both of them exclaimed in shock, "Mm!" 

Xinyi felt like her body was not only cleansed but it was almost like a purifying feeling. It was so intense that she closed her eyes to feel the energy coursing through her body. This helped her stabilise her power within the high level Sky realm after she had just broken through not long ago. This is crazy. 

Zhang Yong could finally understand what Xinyi meant by the feeling of being cleansed. His energy felt a little purer and stronger, while the flow of it improved too. It worked like the refinement of one's spiritual energy. This is impressive.

"Xinyi." He waited for her to look at him before he continued. "Thank you for making me privy in this experiment and knowledge. The results could create a new sensation in the world." He thanked her sincerely from the bottom of his heart. This would be helpful for him and possibly speed up his progress of breaking through to high level Heaven realm. 

Xinyi nodded in response. "I don't mind. But please keep it to yourself. This is like my trump card to make myself more powerful than others. If everyone else learns it too... I'm just going to end up regressing back into trash quality."

Zhang Yong had known that without the need for her to explain, but he simply nodded. 

After they finished their meal and was about to part ways, Xinyi formally bowed to him. Zhang Yong was taken aback. What's with her today?

"I formally and sincerely thank you for everything you've helped me with. Although you wronged me that day, you've more than made up for it by returning that day which gave me the chance to reveal the true culprit, and for all the subsequent days following that. It's thanks to you that I managed to advance so quickly and learn so much in just 1 and a half year." Only after she finished speaking did she stand straight up again.

Zhang Yong knew he should be feeling happy since she was expressing her forgiveness and gratitude. However, he could not find it him to be happy. He felt bugged by her behaviour. It was as if this was a final goodbye. 

"It's a fair trade between us. We learnt valuable things from each other. There's no need for thanks." Normally, he would have left after saying that. But now, he simply looked at her in silence for awhile. "I'll see you again." He decided to leave her with this sentence on purpose.

Xinyi smiled politely at him and stood there until he went away.

BaoBao appeared. "He's gone. Shall we start?" Xinyi nodded. 

They destroyed the stove and the pulley system of the well. She dug up all her herbs and returned the garden plot into a spot for bushes to grow. She kept pots, pans, and gardening tools in the shed. She bundled up everything that had to be thrown in the grey curtain drapery that she had used for her bed and room, then left it to BaoBao to dispose of it over the wall and out of the estate. He was already able to fly that far away from her. She then took a bath, packed her things, then took a final look around the courtyard. It was as if no one lived here before. Satisfied with the result, she jumped over the wall with some effort and left the estate behind.