World 3.10: BaiXue

LongFei was quietly sulking while resting on top of the mountain that was closest to the village.
Just when the sun began to set, he saw a black phoenix flying towards his direction from the land beyond the mountains where BaiXue came from. Who's that? Wait... Black... Could it be? His expression turned dark and gloomy.

MengYao had visited FenFang within the past month so he already heard news of the village coercing and manipulating a mystical one into protecting them. It made him sick to the stomach. What deceitful creatures.

When the villagers caught sight of MengYao, they called everyone out to the center of the village and stood in awe. It was another phoenix! Some young children even clapped in excitement.

This slightly befuddled MengYao. Having never seen such a reaction before, he only knew to suspect their intentions. He was glad that the villagers made it so easy for him to finish them off. His aura changed into black flames that were then sent flying towards the villagers. 

The crowd finally registered that MengYao was not friendly so screamed and scattered in different directions. Suddenly, golden flames shot out to counter the black flames. FengJiao appeared in the nick of time before any villager was severely wounded.

"Who are you?! Why're you attacking us?!"

"To save you."

"What?"

"I've heard of your plight. You may feel that everything's all perfect and peachy but don't fall prey to their schemes! Wake up!" 

"What schemes?! They're normal and kind villagers! Did you get the wrong village?!"

"Why're you protecting them?"

"Because I want to."

"They made you think you want to. You're being manipulated. You just can't see it!"

"How am I being manipulated?!"

"Then tell me, what makes you want to protect them?"

"I love my village and the people who live in it!"

"What makes you love them?"

"They treat me well and they're very nice people!"

"Do you really think they're sincere in treating you nice?"

"Of course! It's been the case since I was a baby!"

"That's the thing! Their schemes start from the moment we're born and unaware! You can't judge their sincerity like that."

"Then let me prove it to you! Live here!"

"No, let me prove it to you." He said darkly as he shot flames out and towards the village. FengJiao tried her hardest to stop every attack but MengYao overpowered her significantly. The village was soon consumed in black flames.

"Why're you doing this?! Stop it!" FengJiao cried in horror.

"Witness for yourself how they'll look once you fail to protect them!" MengYao exclaimed. He saw a family running out from amidst the flames and shot flames at the youngest looking boy.

"No!!!" FengJiao shot out her flame but it traveled too slowly. So she dived down with the intention to cover and protect the family. 

A loud explosion sounded through the forest.

A pale blue flame had shot out with speed and ferocity that it easily countered MengYao's flames. MengYao looked up to see a silver dragon floating above everyone present. "Another mystical one protecting this village? This is the most cunning village I've ever seen."